Mounting criticism and concerns over Manny Pacquiao’s potential liability in the boxing fight last weekend has lead to a class action lawsuit being filed which claims that he failed to disclose his shoulder injury as required.
The class action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of those who bought tickets to the fight and pay-per-view event, the lawsuit claiming they had been “victimized” by the failure to disclose the shoulder injury.
Criticism of the fight and claims by some that it was rigged are mounting and the lawsuit is yet another tangible step taken to reflect the concerns over the fight.
Filed in a Las Vegas U.S. District Court, the suit names Pacquiao, his promotion company Top Rank Inc. and president Todd DuBoef, adviser Michael Koncz and promoter Bob Arum as defendants.
TIME reports that the lawsuit comes on the heels of a Monday report by the Associated Press that said Francisco Aguilar, chairman of the Nevada Athletic Commission, was investigating why Pacquiao checked “no” when asked to disclose if he was injured. Koncz later shouldered the blame saying, “I checked it. It was just an inadvertent mistake.”
Pacquiao and Top Rank released a joint statement Tuesday regarding the shoulder injury, but not the lawsuit. “A few hours before he was expected to step in the ring, when Manny’s doctors began the [treatment] process, the Nevada Commission stopped the treatment because it said it was unaware of Manny’s shoulder injury.”
Sources: TIME and LawFuel
[table id=10 /]
Like This Article in PDF?
Just enter your email below and we'll forward to your inbox immediately.