October 22, 2009 (by Horatio Algren) According to reports by a bicycle accident attorney, an elderly bicycle rider was struck and killed in Yorba Linda.
The bicycle rider that was killed in a Wednesday night bicycle accident has been identified as 80 year old Edelgard Owens a resident of Placentia.
According to Brea Police Department Sgt. Bill Smyser Owens was riding a bicycle on the sidewalk on East Imperial Highway when the accident occurred Owens was crossing the street at Prospect Avenue in Yorba Linda. The accident occurred at approximately 5:40 p.m. when according to preliminary reports Owens crossed against a red light and a woman driving a full sized pickup truck had a green arrow striking the bicyclist.
According to Sgt. Smyser police gave the woman a sobriety test and arrested her on allegedly driving under the influence.
According to Lt. Gregg Hayden after further investigation the woman was released after it was found she was not driving under the influence.
Owens was transported to Placentia Linda Community Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Last 5 posts by Law Admin
- Stryker Hip Recall Attorneys See Potential For Resolution Of Pending Lawsuits - May 14th, 2013
- Barry Ostrager - 'The Big Winning Lawyer From The Big Apple' - April 9th, 2013
- Rob Moodie - 'Dressing Up In Order To Dress Down The Kiwi Judiciary' - April 9th, 2013
- Lady Gaga's Bratz Behaviour Leads to Lawsuit - April 9th, 2013
- Kayne West in Sex Tape, Lawyers Confirm - April 9th, 2013
This post has already been read 19 times!