February 10, 2010 (by Horatio Algren) According to reports by a Honda injury attorney, the automaker Honda is now recalling some models of their vehicles. The recall that began in November 2008 is expanding and according to Honda there have been 12 incidences of the airbag inflators deploying with too much pressure.
This causes the inflator to break, which can send metal fragments through the airbag cushion. According to Honda this defect in the airbag inflators has caused at least one fatality. There were less than 4,000 2001 Honda Accords and Civics involved in the original recall, after that recall there were two more incidences of ruptured airbag inflators reported.
One of the reports was for one of Honda’s models not included in the recall. The recall was expanded in July 2009 to include not only the 2001 and 2002 Accords and Civics, but also certain 2002 modles of Acura TL Hondas. The latest recall announced February 10, 2009 has been expanded to include certain 2001 Honda Accords, Odyssey, CR-V and some 2002 Acura TL models, the additions to the recall now total 378,758 Honda’s.
Last 5 posts by Law Admin
- Stryker Hip Recall Attorneys See Potential For Resolution Of Pending Lawsuits - May 14th, 2013
- Barry Ostrager - 'The Big Winning Lawyer From The Big Apple' - April 9th, 2013
- Rob Moodie - 'Dressing Up In Order To Dress Down The Kiwi Judiciary' - April 9th, 2013
- Lady Gaga's Bratz Behaviour Leads to Lawsuit - April 9th, 2013
- Kayne West in Sex Tape, Lawyers Confirm - April 9th, 2013
This post has already been read 7 times!