August 3, 2009 (by Horatio Algren) According to reports by a motor vehicle accident attorney, a 14 year old boy was struck and killed in Inglewood by a hit and run driver.
According to Inglewood Police Sgt. Greg Held the boy was struck by a vehicle shortly after 1:00 a.m. on Sunday in the vicinity of Crenshaw Boulevard. The impact from the vehicle caused the boy to become trapped under the vehicle and dragged approximately 50 feet. The vehicle then fled the scene of the accident.
Friends of the teen stated that the teen was crossing the Imperial Highway at the time of the accident and witnesses state the vehicle might have been a red Ford Focus.
Inglewood Police Officer Sgt. Greg Held stated an officer heard the collision at approximately 1:04 a.m. and that the car sped away from the scene.
The 14 year old boy, whose identity has not been released, was transported to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. This appears to be a wrongful death of a child and is very sad.
The teen’s family has appeared on a local television station pleading for the driver of the vehicle to turn him or herself in to the authorities and the Inglewood Police Department is asking that anyone with any information about the hit and run contact them.
Last 5 posts by Law Admin
- Stryker Hip Recall Attorneys See Potential For Resolution Of Pending Lawsuits - May 14th, 2013
- Barry Ostrager - 'The Big Winning Lawyer From The Big Apple' - April 9th, 2013
- Rob Moodie - 'Dressing Up In Order To Dress Down The Kiwi Judiciary' - April 9th, 2013
- Lady Gaga's Bratz Behaviour Leads to Lawsuit - April 9th, 2013
- Kayne West in Sex Tape, Lawyers Confirm - April 9th, 2013
This post has already been read 8 times!