7 February 2013 – LawFuel Law News Daily – Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and George Venizelos, the Assistant Director-in-Charge of the New York Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), announced the filing of a three-count criminal Complaint charging CHARLES HUGGINS, CHRISTOPHER BUTCHKO, and ANNE THOMAS for allegedly perpetrating a $2.5 million Ponzi scheme involving investments in gold and diamonds purportedly mined in West Africa for sale in the United States.
HUGGINS and THOMAS were arrested this morning in Edgewater, New Jersey, and Cliffside Park, New Jersey, respectively. BUTCHKO was arrested this morning in Murrieta, California. HUGGINS and THOMAS are expected to be presented in Manhattan federal court before Magistrate Judge Debra Freeman later today, and BUTCHKO is expected to be presented in federal court in the Central District of California later today.
Last 5 posts by Law Admin
- Stryker Hip Recall Attorneys See Potential For Resolution Of Pending Lawsuits - May 14th, 2013
- Barry Ostrager - 'The Big Winning Lawyer From The Big Apple' - April 9th, 2013
- Rob Moodie - 'Dressing Up In Order To Dress Down The Kiwi Judiciary' - April 9th, 2013
- Lady Gaga's Bratz Behaviour Leads to Lawsuit - April 9th, 2013
- Kayne West in Sex Tape, Lawyers Confirm - April 9th, 2013
This post has already been read 52 times!