7 October 2004 LAWFUEL – Law news, acquisitions, attorney, legal, law firm newsAllen & Overy has advised Pfizer on its acquisition of Meridica Ltd, the Cambridge-based drug delivery company owned by the PA Consulting Group, for US$125 million and a contingent payment.
In October 2003, Pfizer purchased a 10% interest in the company and licensed the rights to Meridica’s dry powder inhaler that can be used by patients with asthma and other respiratory diseases. Pfizer has now acquired the other 90% previously owned by PA and Meridica staff.
The Allen & Overy team was led by corporate partner Ian Stanley and assisted by associates Matthew Dobson, Stephen Mathews, Ben Koehne and London hired trainee, Anna Southworth. Partner Colleen Keck and associate Tim Carter advised on intellectual property along with specialists from other departments in the London office.