Simpson Thacher Honored by Animal Legal Defense Fund
Powered By LawFuel –Simpson Thacher was awarded the 2019 “Advancement in Animal Law Pro Bono Achievement Award” by the Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF). The award recognizes the Firm’s dedication of pro bono hours in helping the ALDF achieve their mission of protecting the lives of animals through the legal system.
The Firm, on behalf of the ALDF and The Humane Society of the United States, sent a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission urging investigation into and enforcement against the deceptive “pet leasing” industry. Thanks in part to the complaint, an increased awareness about pet leasing has resulted in the banning of the practice in multiple states, including California, Indiana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York and Washington.
The Simpson Thacher team included Stephen Blake and Michael Morey.
You may be interested . .
- The Trump Shadow Overhanging The Toxic, Bi-Coastal Law Firm Slugfest
- The Kiwi Lawyer Boldly Going Where No Woman Has Gone Before
- The Big Trouble At The Law Firm Rudy Giuliani Just Retained
- The Dirty Dozen Tips You Must Know Before Dating a Lawyer
- Former Public Defender Theresa Olson Apologizes For Jailhouse Encounter