Simpson Thacher Honored by Animal Legal Defense Fund
Powered By LawFuel –Simpson Thacher was awarded the 2019 “Advancement in Animal Law Pro Bono Achievement Award” by the Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF). The award recognizes the Firm’s dedication of pro bono hours in helping the ALDF achieve their mission of protecting the lives of animals through the legal system.
The Firm, on behalf of the ALDF and The Humane Society of the United States, sent a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission urging investigation into and enforcement against the deceptive “pet leasing” industry. Thanks in part to the complaint, an increased awareness about pet leasing has resulted in the banning of the practice in multiple states, including California, Indiana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York and Washington.
The Simpson Thacher team included Stephen Blake and Michael Morey.
You may be interested . .
- The Ongoing Train Wreck at the Law Firm Hired by Rudy Giuliani and Tulsi Gabbard
- George Pell Decision a Major Win For One of Australia’s Top Lawyers
- Another “Name-on-the-Door” Partner Out at Imploding Pierce Bainbridge Law Firm
- Best AI Contract Software: Evisort or Kira Systems?
- “We’ll Take Your Children” . . The Bizarre Arabian Nightmares Tale of Dechert Lawyers Accused of Torture & Other Human Right Abuses