Hayden Wilson has been elected as Chair of Dentons.
He took over from David Campbell, who stepped down after three years as chair, effective yesterday. Wilson also becomes part of the Dentons global board.
Wilson is a seasoned litigator who has headed up Dentons Kensington Swan’s litigation team in Wellington. He focuses on public, regulatory and commercial litigation, and has acted for regulatory bodies and government agencies, playing, the firm said, a key role in Dentons Kensington Swan’s relationships with these bodies.
Wilson served as an active board member at Dentons Kensington Swan for three years. He brings “a wealth of governance and leadership experience” to his new role as chair, as well as “an exciting vision for the future of law and Dentons Kensington Swan,” the firm said.
“We are delighted that Hayden been appointed as our new chair. Hayden has an absolute commitment to client service and a deep understanding of our business. We know with his guidance, we are in a strong position to continue building the firm of the future,” CEO Charles Spillane said.
Spillane also thanked Campbell for his contributions to the firm during his time as chair.
“We would also like to thank David Campbell for his incredible contribution and commitment to setting the strategic direction of Dentons Kensington Swan during his tenure as chair. He, alongside Hayden, were key driving forces behind our decision to seek greater international connectedness to serve our clients by combining with Dentons earlier this year,” Spillane said.
- Another Law Firm for Kim DotcomInternet entrerpreneur Kim Dotcom’s ongoing battle to avoid extradition to the United States has seen a number of lawyers […] More
- If 2020 Was Tough for Kiwi Lawyers – It May Have Been Even More Tough for The NZ Law SocietyLaw Society Posts a $3 Million Loss after a ‘challenging year’ The Law Society has posted a $3 million […] More
- The 15-Hour Workdays And Ongoing Issue of Lawyer BurnoutLawyer burnout is a major problem for law firms globally, but it’s not an inevitability More
- ‘You’re The Reason God Gave Us a Middle Finger’ – Abusive Emails Achieve Suspension For LawyerLaw Society Tribunal suspends lawyer for misconduct over abusive emails sent to litigant From the NZ Law Society – […] More
- Buddle Findlay’s #MeToo Moment – Concern Over Claim of Big Law Partner’s Inappropriate ConductDespite the furore over the Russell McVeagh conduct that is now – some three years later – wending its […] More
- Duncan Cotterill Expands to Queenstown & Secures Major Property ClientDuncan Cotterill has opened a Queenstown office with the acquisition of Mackersy Legal, from the beginning of April. Mackersy […] More
- NZ Law News – New Partners at Greenwood RocheNational specialist projects firm, Greenwood Roche, has announced that Mark Anderson and Antonia Shanahan will be joining the firm’s […] More