Holland & Knight partner Douglas Wright has been identified as the person found floating in the waters off Clearwater Beach, Fla, confirmed by his firm as Douglas Wright, Operations and Finance partner.
Wright’s body was discovered by police after 6 p.m. Sunday on the northern part of Clearwater Beach. Rescue crews found him floating in the water and attempted CPR before taking him to Morton Plant Hospital where authorities say he was pronounced dead.
The medical examiner’s office has yet to determine the cause of death, according to investigators. But, the law firm said it appeared he died of a cardiac issue while swimming.
“Mr. Wright’s financial acumen, management skills, and tireless dedication to the firm were critically important to Holland & Knight’s success over the past two decades,” the firm wrote in a statement. “Even more important, he was widely admired for his kindness and generosity. He had an engaging personality, an extraordinary intellect, and a big heart. He was a much loved friend, partner, and mentor to many throughout the firm and the Tampa Bay community.”
Wright practiced at Holland & Knight for his whole legal career. He began there in 1987.
He specialized in corporate and tax planning, along with business and tax litigation. The firm said he worked closely with its managing partner to run Holland & Knight’s legal practices and operations.
“Mr. Wright was a loving son and brother, the father of three children and grandfather of one,” Holland & Knight wrote. “His children and granddaughter were a tremendous source of pride to him. He will be greatly missed.”
- 1 How Did A 32 Year Old Lawyer From London Become One of America’s Most Powerful Lawyers So Quickly?
- 2 Detailed Law Firm Hourly Rate Report 2021: Practice Area and Industry Rates by Region, Country and Individual Law Firm
- 3 First Year Law Salaries Continue to Rise For The Top Law Firms in the US . . And London
- 4 London Law Firm Targeted in Cyber Attack Affecting Client Data
- 5 US Law Firms Push London Law ‘Pay Wall’ Into The Stratosphere
- 6 The Biden Admin Lawyer Who Sits Atop The White House Rich List