Advancements in dentistry have brought many new techniques and procedures to improve the human smile. Many of these procedures are aimed at improving the beauty of the face. One such procedure is porcelain veneers. It is very effective in restoring the normal appearance in case of broken or chipped teeth.
In simple words porcelain veneers are like dream come true for anyone who wants to better their smile. If you also wish of a stunning and attractive smile then porcelain veneers are the best option for you. It is a wonderful smile makeover option that provides long-lasting results. The best thing about porcelain veneers is that your smile looks natural with them in place. Porcelain veneers can improve incorrect tooth gaps and repulsive tooth stains without painstaking dental operations.
Porcelain veneers, as the name suggests are made up of porcelain. It is a thin shell of heat fired porcelain that is custom made to fit your teeth. It is fabricated from very thin strips of porcelain such that they are slightly translucent in appearance. Its properties are very similar to that of enamel which covers the teeth.
Implanting Porcelain is very simple procedure and takes only a few hours to complete. If done by an experienced dentist properly porcelain veneers can give you beautifying and long-lasting smile. If you have just undergone a porcelain veneer procedure, you should follow some rules for giving them a long life.
1) After the procedures, Teeth may be a bit temperature sensitive. Avoid eating extremely hot or cold foods for at least two weeks.
2) Avoid eating hard foods that could stress and twist the veneers. In case if these foods are unavoidable, try chewing with your back teeth.
3) Floss at least once per day. Porcelain veneers require consistent flossing to keep your veneered teeth free of food and plaque.
4) Brush at least twice a day with a soft tooth brush. If possible brush after every meal.
5) Visit your dentist regularly for a check-up and professional cleaning. Dentist will update you about the present condition of veneers and can perform further procedures if required.
Consult your cosmetic dentist for any questions you may have. If cared for properly, your veneers will give you a stunning smile. Porcelain veneers are not only secure, but are completely organic to look at also. Please feel free to visit us at: 20760 W. Dixie Highway Miami, FL 33180 or call us at: 305-935-6066 or e-mail us at: [email protected] for further details about our dental implants in Miami.