LawFuel.com – In-House Law – The LBC Cambridge Spring School for in-house lawyers takes place 1 to 3 April at Queens’ College Cambridge, UK.
Aimed at new-to-sector in-house lawyers this is the second time the programme has been run. The September 06 Summer School was a great success with thirty plus delegates enjoying two full days of training, debate, facilitated discussion and practical work. LBC Wise Counsel’s strategic objective is to establish this programme as the “must–do” event for in-house lawyers.
April Programme highlights
• The whole thrust of the programme is about equipping in-house lawyers to be more effective strategically and operationally. Our headline speakers include Jane Barker, an Executive Director at Equitas and formerly the Finance Director at the London Stock Exchange, Colonel Bob Stewart, UN Commander in Bosnia and an expert in leadership, motivation and negotiation, David Amos, a highly regarded boardroom head hunter and formerly HR Director for Hilton Hotels and Charles Grimes a leading consultant in team dynamics and getting the most from people.
• In addition, Paul Gilbert, CEO, LBC Wise Counsel, will be presenting on the key best practices and performance indicators in the in-house sector today.
• The programme is backed by the LBC Editorial Board comprising 31 distinguished lawyers, who occupy some of the most prestigious General Counsel positions in the UK and Europe and a number of these lawyers will attend the event to facilitate, debate and share their experiences with delegates.
• The venue, Queens’ College Cambridge, is world class and simply an inspirational place in which to learn.
• The focus throughout the event is on skills development, adding value, communication and prioritisation – essential skills in the life of the modern day in-house lawyer.
• The fee for all this, which includes two night’s accommodation at the College, all meals and all materials is just £1450 plus VAT.
The event is also supported by Pinsent Masons and Irwin Mitchell who provide valuable insights into the way law firms are approaching client service.
This is a truly different event that seeks to equip lawyers with insights and guidance that will have immediate added value.
For more information please visit our website www.lbcwisecounsel.com or call or email Paul Gilbert, CEO, LBC Wise Counsel:
• T: +44 (0) 77867 798 363
• E: [email protected]
A note about LBC Wise Counsel
LBC Wise Counsel was founded in the year 2000 by Paul Gilbert.
The business now employees staff with broad ranging expertise in strategic planning, leadership, management, project management and soft skills for lawyers. LBC is engaged by law firms and in-house legal teams all over the UK and overseas and our work includes:
• Establishing multi-site, multi-jurisdictional legal models,
• Implementing soft skills development programmes,
• Assisting with strategic planning,
• Recruitment and downsizing operations,
• Reviewing style and content of reports,
• Assessing value added initiatives,
• Completing risk assessments,
• Completing external law firm reviews and
• Introducing relationship management programmes.
Before establishing LBC, Paul Gilbert was the Head of Legal at Cheltenham & Gloucester plc, Company Secretary and Group Legal Director of United Assurance Group PLC. He was a Law Society Council member for six years and national chair of the Law Society Commerce & Industry Group. Previously he was also elected to the main management board of the Law Society. He is currently a trustee for LawWorks the Solicitors National Pro Bono charity.
Paul is a regular speaker at national and international conferences and has had many articles published in the UK and overseas on professional and management issues. He is the author of “Head2Head: Relationship Management – The Client’s View”.
Full details of our work, biographies, articles etc can be found on our website, www.lbcwisecounsel.com