NEW YORK, Aug. 22 LAWFUEL – Legal News Network — The following is a statement of Frank Quattrone:
I’m very pleased that the case will be concluded and I look forward to
the formal dismissal of all charges.
I plan to resume my business career, while continuing my board service at the Innocence Project and the Tech Museum of Innovation.
I’d like to thank Mark Pomerantz and Ted Wells for their excellent
Thanks to all of you who stood by me during the past 4 years. God bless you all.
* Mr. Quattrone has over 23 years of investment banking experience,
including 17 years with Morgan Stanley, where he helped build the
Technology Group from a virtual start-up in 1982 to the firm’s largest industry group in 1995. He headed the West Coast Technology Group from 1986-1990, and the Global Technology Group from 1990-1996.
* In 1996, Mr. Quattrone co-founded (along with George Boutros and Bill Brady) DMG Technology Group, a technology-focused investment banking
business for Deutsche Bank. As CEO, Mr. Quattrone led DMG Technology
Group from a startup to a $200 mm business in two years.
* In 1998, Mr. Quattrone joined CSFB as Head of its Global Technology
Group and, along with Messrs. Brady, Boutros and other colleagues,
helped the firm generate over $5 billion in revenues from the technology sector in less than five years. In 2001, he was named to CSFB’s Executive Board, and in 2002 he was selected to serve on the Operating Committee and Executive Board for its Investment Banking Division.
* Over his 23 years, Frank Quattrone has helped technology companies raise over $65 billion. He and his team led over 175 initial public offerings (IPOs), and nearly 200 other financing transactions. He and his team also advised on over 400 merger & acquisition transactions with a value of over $500 billion. The companies that Mr. Quattrone took public generated over $300 billion of gross profits, added 165,000 jobs, and saw their market capitalizations grow by nearly $200 billion since their IPOs.
* Mr. Quattrone advised on the IPOs of Amazon.com, Ascend, Bridge
Communications, Cisco, Intuit, Linear Technology, Netscape, Quantum, ST Microelectronics, Synopsys, SynOptics, VeriFone and Xilinx, and on other financing and M&A assignments for Adobe, Agilent, AOL, Apple, Applied Materials, Bay Networks, Cypress, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel, KLA-Tencor, LAM Research, Lucent, National Semiconductor, Nortel, Novell, Oracle, Siemens, 3Com, VeriSign and Veritas.
* Circa 1900, Grandparents emigrated from Southern Italy, were clothing
* Father was WWII veteran, Army Staff Sergeant, fought in Battle of the
Bulge. Worked in clothing factory as pants presser, foreman and union
representative. Hung awnings and wallpaper on weekends to make ends
meet. Died of prostate cancer in 1981, age 59.
* Mother, 84, lives in New Jersey. A sister, 48, lives in Pennsylvania.
* 1955: Mr. Quattrone born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
* 1969-1973: St. Joseph’s Preparatory School
Jesuit high school in Philadelphia
* 1973-1977: Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
BS in Economics, summa cum laude, Mayor’s Scholarship
First member of Quattrone family to attend college.
* 1979-1981: Stanford Graduate School of Business
MBA, Arjay Miller Scholar
* 1980: Married college sweetheart.
* 1988: Daughter born.