In a brief statement, the celebrity couple dismissed what they called “absurd and unsubstantiated claims.” On Sunday, a newspaper printed allegations from a second woman who claimed to have had an affair with Beckham.
Beckham had already dismissed as “ludicrous” claims from his former personal secretary Rebecca Loos that she had had sex with the 28-year-old midfielder in Madrid.
A spokeswoman for the Beckhams said: “This weekend a series of even more absurd and unsubstantiated claims have been published about David and Victoria Beckham.”
In the statement released through Britain’s Press Association news agency, she added: “The couple continue to dismiss these stories and they will not be commenting upon them further at this time.
“Lawyers have been instructed by David and Victoria concerning these matters.”
The statement revealed no details about what those instructions were.
The media frenzy surrounding the marriage has reached fever pitch over the past week. Paparazzi have been camped outside their country home, dubbed “Beckingham Palace,” since the couple returned to Britain early on Monday.
On Sunday the News of the World printed lurid allegations dating back to July 2001 — just two years after Beckham’s marriage to former Spice Girl Victoria Adams.
It described Sarah Marbeck as a 29-year-old barrister’s daughter and said she had met Beckham in Singapore during a Manchester United pre-season tour of the Asia-Pacific region.