NEW YORK, May 6, 2011 — For the fourth time in six years, Morrison & Foerster LLP has been recognized for its leadership in complex financial products and named “Law Firm of the Year, Americas” by Structured Products magazine.
The firm was singled out for its development of innovative financial products, hybrid securities and structured notes. “From the production of timely reports and notifications of regulatory change, to its best-of-breed attorneys, Morrison & Foerster has impressed product creators and distributors alike while building on its dedication to education,” noted the editors.
The award was presented on May 5th in Miami.
“To be recognized for our expertise by one of the leading publications in the field is truly an honor and acknowledges the success our Capital Markets and Tax practices have enjoyed over the past several years,” said Morrison & Foerster Chair Keith Wetmore.
The firm was recognized for its work on behalf of a multitude of clients, for whom Morrison & Foerster has become a valued partner in helping its clients identify new business opportunities that have arisen due to the changing regulatory landscape. Products the firm has helped clients create include notes linked to a volatility index, structured CD programs and equity-linked notes linked to a basket of stocks from the S&P 500. The firm’s innovations have become routine offerings for their clients.
“We’re thrilled to once again be selected as law firm of the year by Structured Products magazine,” said Morrison & Foerster’s James R. Tanenbaum, who heads the Capital Markets practice. “Once again, this award reflects the creativity of our clients and the market’s recognition of their ingenuity.”
Structured Products also highlighted Morrison & Foerster’s commitment to investor education, particularly its work with the Structured Products Association in creating a certification program for broker-dealers and distributors.
Structured Products, published by Incisive Media Ltd., is a monthly magazine dedicated to the wholesale market for derivatives-based investment products. It covers the fast-growing market for guaranteed equity products, structured notes, index products, alternative investments and funds of funds. It crosses equity, fixed income, commodity-linked and other sectors.
About Morrison & Foerster
We are Morrison & Foerster—a global firm of exceptional credentials in many areas. Our clients include some of the largest financial institutions, investment banks, Fortune 100, technology and life science companies. We’ve been included on The American Lawyer’s A-List for seven straight years, and Fortune named us one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Our lawyers are committed to achieving innovative and business-minded results for our clients, while preserving the differences that make us stronger. This is MoFo. Visit us at www.mofo.com.
• Annually ranked by Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and The American Lawyer as one of the leading firms for issuer and underwriter representations for initial public offerings, international offerings, REIT offerings, offerings of hybrid securities, offerings of preferred securities, debt offerings, and equity and equity-linked offerings.
• Ranked by Chambers USA and by Chambers Global as one of the leading capital markets practices in debt and equity, derivatives and structured products.
• Recognized by Legal 500 US as one of the leading capital markets practices in debt and equity, global offerings and structured finance.
• PLC Which lawyer? ranks our capital markets practice in debt and equity, derivatives and securitization.
• Named Securitization and Structured Finance Team of the Year in IFLR’s 2011 Americas Awards.=