WASHINGTON, (May 3, 2005) -LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – Two former presidential advisors from the Bush and Clinton White Houses, and a veteran business and government relations strategist have joined Bingham Consulting Group, LLC, a subsidiary business of the international law firm Bingham McCutchen LLP.
Joining Bingham Consulting in its Washington, New York and Los Angeles offices are:
* Ian Alberg, a former senior policy advisor in the Clinton White House to Vice President Al Gore and to Attorney General Janet Reno at the U.S. Department of Justice. Alberg joins Bingham Consulting as a senior consultant;
* Keith Brancato, former associate director of Intergovernmental Affairs at the White House for President George W. Bush. Brancato joins as a consultant;
* Cynthia Pantazis, founder and former managing director of Potomac Solutions LLC, a government relations firm, and expert in business strategy, workforce and environmental policy. Pantazis joins as a senior consultant.
“Because of their deep and varied experience at the federal and state levels , Ian, Keith and Cynthia will be invaluable in educating and advising companies about business decisions that are affected by the interrelationship of state and federal governments,” said Ralph Martin, managing director of Bingham Consulting.
“National and international clients want practical advice about how government works, and how to effectively work with political leaders, on both sides of the aisle,” said Stephen Merrill, Bingham Consulting president and former New Hampshire governor and attorney general.” The addition of Alberg and Brancato gives us a union that is rarely duplicated at any level: key policy advisers from the two most recent White House administrations.”
Alberg, Brancato and Pantazis said that Bingham Consulting s platform was key in deciding to join.
“Bingham Consulting gives me the opportunity to expand my consulting practice nationally while maintaining my Washington base,> “> said Pantazis, whose experience includes representing clients before the White House, Congress, federal/state agencies, and trade associations will be central to clients who need to navigate complex government rules and protocols as part of their business plan.
Bingham Consulting, which provides strategic advice to clients regarding their interactions with senior state officials, such as governors, attorneys general, legislators and other enforcement officials. includes among its ranks former California Governor and U.S. Senator Pete Wilson, and former high-level federal and state prosecutors Timothy Shea and Nicholas Gess.
Among Bingham Consulting> ‘> s completed projects include:
* Offering strategic legal and political advice in a multi-billion dollar merger subject to state Attorney General review;
* Helping to negotiate a global settlement with all state Attorneys General for a Fortune 500 manufacturing company, resolving hundreds of millions of dollars in consumer safety complaints;
* Developing and monitoring a national network of lobbyists and public relations experts for one of the world> ‘> s largest companies;
* Implementing a strategic national media and state-based political strategy that resulted in significant funding and opportunities for a defense technology company to obtain state-based tax incentives;
Alberg served as the director of the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs at the Department of Justice and then as a policy advisor at the White House where he focused on Department of Justice issues and building state and local constituencies to support President Clinton> ‘> s initiatives. He later served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Columbia. Alberg has also served in senior communications, policy and logistics advisory positions to four presidential campaigns. He graduated from the University of Virginia and earned his law degree from the College of William and Mary. Alberg will be based out of the Washington, D.C. and New York offices.
Brancato most recently served as the White House official responsible for building and maintaining President George W. Bush> ‘> s relationships with state legislatures and significant intergovernmental organizations such as the American Legislative Exchange Council and the National Conference of State Legislatures. Before joining the White House staff, Brancato served as a former key staff member for Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, responsible for the Office of State-Federal Relations. His focus was on national defense and homeland security, as well as education issues. A graduate of The Catholic University of America, Brancato is working on his masters at the U.S. Naval War College. He will be based in the Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles offices.
Pantazis served as the managing director of Potomac Solutions LLC, providing multifaceted government affairs, public policy, and communications strategies to corporate and non-profit organizations. She has also served as the director of public policy for the American Society of Training and Development, the nation> ‘> s leading association representing corporate leaders in human capital management. Pantazis graduated from Union College and earned her master of arts degree at American University. She is based in the Washington, D.C. office.
Bingham McCutchen, with 850 attorneys in 11 offices worldwide, focuses on serving clients in complex financial transactions, sophisticated corporate and technology matters, and high-stakes litigation. Bingham McCutchen has offices in Boston, New York, Hartford, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, Silicon Valley, Tokyo, Walnut Creek, and Washington, D.C.