Blank Rome LLP is pleased to announce that partner Saminaz Akhter was selected as a City Lead in Washington, D.C., for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (“LCLD”), a role that serves to further promote LCLD’s mission of advancing diversity and build a more equitable legal profession throughout the United States. City Leads for the LCLD 2021–2022 term were announced during the Tenth Annual LCLD Alumni Leadership Symposium, held virtually from June 17-18, 2021.
- 1 Blank Rome LLP is pleased to announce that partner Saminaz Akhter was selected as a City Lead in Washington, D.C., for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (“LCLD”), a role that serves to further promote LCLD’s mission of advancing diversity and build a more equitable legal profession throughout the United States. City Leads for the LCLD 2021–2022 term were announced during the Tenth Annual LCLD Alumni Leadership Symposium, held virtually from June 17-18, 2021.
- 1.1 New Zealand Power Law List Shows Record New Entrants
- 1.2 IP Law Firm Welcomes Return of Lawyer
- 1.3 White & Case launches Debt Finance practice in Australia
- 1.4 Axiom Acquires Plexus’s Flexible Legal Talent Division Plexus Engage
- 1.5 Greenberg Traurig Names in The Times Best Law Firms List
- 1.6 Top Sydney Surgeon Sues For Defamation – ‘The Silence Has Been Deafening’
Saminaz previously served as a LCLD 2015 Fellow and currently serves as a LCLD mentor and diversity and inclusion ambassador. Saminaz has also formed an internal LCLD community within Blank Rome comprised of Krystal Studavent Ramsey, Blank Rome’s Director of Diversity & Inclusion and current LCLD mentor; Melanie Carter, LCLD 2021 Fellow and 2017 Pathfinder; and Ernestine Mings and Asima Ahmad, LCLD 2021 Pathfinders. They will work together to identify diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) opportunities to advance LCLD’s initiatives within the firm and legal industry at large.
In collaboration with LCLD Regional Leads and the Program Development Chair and Vice Chair, City Leads are responsible for planning and executing at least two programs for local alumni that focus on substantive programming content and networking opportunities, both virtually and in-person. To learn more about LCLD’s leadership and mission, please visit Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
At Blank Rome, Saminaz focuses her practice on corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on acquisition and divestiture transactions in a variety of industries. In addition to her legal practice, she is dedicated to connecting with clients on DEI issues that are of shared importance, making it a priority to assist clients in advancing their DEI goals. Saminaz has also developed unique and meaningful DEI programming for clients and colleagues, including previously hosting the Black History Month Easel Project in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, exclusive U Street Walking Tours of civil rights and cultural landmarks, and leading the firm’s sponsorship of Leaders Among Us, as part of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s In-House Counsel Dinner Series. In 2019, she received the Fifth Annual Honorable Nathaniel R. Jones Diversity and Inclusion Award for demonstrating outstanding leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion.
About Blank Rome
Blank Rome is an Am Law 100 firm with 14 offices and more than 600 attorneys and principals who provide comprehensive legal and advocacy services to clients operating in the United States and around the world. Our professionals have built a reputation for their leading knowledge and experience across a spectrum of industries and are recognized for their commitment to pro bono work in their communities. Since our inception in 1946, Blank Rome’s culture has been dedicated to providing top-level service to all our clients and has been rooted in the strength of our diversity and inclusion initiatives. For more information, please visit blankrome.com.