NEW YORK, Powered by LawFuel — Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, today issued the following statement:
|On February 29, we detected unauthorized activity on our systems, which has been confirmed as a ransomware attack. As part of our comprehensive response plan, we immediately took our systems offline globally to contain the threat and began working with a third-party forensic firm to conduct an independent investigation.|
Our technical team is working closely with world class third-party experts to address this matter, and bring our systems back online in a secure manner, as quickly as possible.
Federal law enforcement authorities have also been informed and are involved in the investigation.
As always, protecting client and employee information is a critical priority for the company. At this time there is no evidence of any unauthorized transfer or misuse or exfiltration of any data in our possession.
Epiq, a global leader in the legal services industry, takes on large-scale, increasingly complex tasks for corporate counsel, law firms, and business professionals with efficiency, clarity, and confidence. Clients rely on Epiq to streamline the administration of business operations, class action and mass tort, court reporting, eDiscovery, regulatory, compliance, restructuring, and bankruptcy matters. Epiq subject-matter experts and technologies create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to high-performing clients around the world.
Recent News on LawFuel
- Law has a magic wand nowSome people think Large Language Models will transform the practice of law. I think it’s bigger than that …
- Revolutionize Your Law Firm Growth Strategy with These Innovative TacticsBuilding a law firm growth strategy can be a daunting task but there are some key elements that can be devoted to the job and make things easier.
- Lateral Associate Hiring Cools, But Partner Moves Heat Up in 2022Later hiring trends in law firm sdeclined in 2022 according to NALP statistics although it was good news form smaller law firms
- Another BigLaw Firm Sets Milestone for Female Legal Leaders and Diversity & InclusionANother biglaw firm has shown commitment to female leadership by appointing a female executive chair to lead the firm.
- How Meredith Connell Brought Some ‘Human Delight’ To The WorkplaceWellbeing in the legal marketplace has become more important for law firms and Meredith Connell in New Zealand has shown the way with some innovative design features
- Australian Football League Faces Unprecedented Class Action Suit by 60 Former Players Over Head InjuriesAn unprecedented lawsuit has been taken against the AFL as 60 players take action in respect of head injuries and concussions suffered while playing AFL
- DLA Piper’s Major Lateral Hire Raid on DentonsDLA Piper scored a major patent team with a hire from Dentons in a big boost for DLA Piper and a setback for Dentons