February 19, 2020 – DLA Piper announced today that Marc Samuel has joined the firm’s Corporate practice as a partner in Washington, DC and New York.
Samuel focuses on private equity and M&A transactions, as well as corporate governance, finance and commercial matters. He has extensive experience managing transactions across a broad range of industries, including technology, communications, cybersecurity, defense, sports, healthcare and life sciences.
Samuel’s practice complements DLA Piper’s leading transactional practice. DLA Piper is the only law firm to rank among the top five most active law firms for each of global M&A, private equity and venture capital deal volume, according to PitchBook‘s 2019 global league tables report, ranking first for M&A transactions, second for private equity transactions and fifth for venture capital transactions.
“Marc brings an impressive background handling sophisticated cross-border transactions for clients in the US and in Europe, Asia and elsewhere across the globe,” said Joe Alexander, global co-chair of DLA Piper’s Corporate and Private Equity practices. “His vast transactional experience, including his work with leading private equity firms, will complement our global platform and be an invaluable resource for clients.”
“We are thrilled to welcome Marc to the firm and to our Corporate team in DC and New York, where we are focused on strategically expanding our capabilities and experience, particularly in key areas such as private equity and technology, where we are seeing increased demand from clients,” said Jeff Lehrer, managing partner of the firm’s Washington, DC office. “Marc’s addition to the firm will enable us to expand our service offerings to meet the needs of companies operating in those rapidly evolving industries.”
Samuel received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, his M.B.A. from Georgetown University and his B.B.A. from the University of Kentucky.
Did you Read?
- Winston & Strawn Pick Successor To The Man Who Headed The Firm For 17 Years“It’s d’Amore” for Winston & Strawn Winston & Strawn have picked senior litigator Steve D’Amore as the … Read more
- Clifford Chance Hire Three Tech Law Partners From PillsburyClifford Chance has expanded its tech law practice by recruiting three top partners from Pillsbury
- Big Law Scale and Unveiling the Myths and Realities of Working For Big LawWhat is Big Law – its benefits, downsides, and its impact on the legal industry. Read this comprehensive guide to make an informed decision. Learn more about the ups and downsides of Big Law.
- AI Under the Legal Lens As ABA Task Force Delves into the Future of LawThe ABA have set up a task force to examine the implications of AI in the legal profession, including the ethical and other issues arising from the use of the technology
- US Law Firms Continue To Grapple With Lower Productivity and Reduced DemandReduced demand for legal services and lower productivity saw US law firms experience an overall decline in the past year according to a Wells Fargo law unit survey