Law Society President Tiana Epati is taking a break from the demands of office to have a baby, after a busy schedule both with Law Society duties and including a busy court schedule.
This week she appeared in the Supreme Court with criminal law barrister Nick Chisnall, describing on LinkedIn how she had risen to her “swollen feet” as someone who was eight months’ pregnant.
“We always talked about one day presenting a criminal appeal together as equal co-counsel. And we finally did it. It takes a lot of trust and confidence to co-share a case, particularly at this level.”
Ms Epati, LawFuel’s Lawyer of the Year last year, has worked extensively as both a prosecution and criminal defence lawyer.
She is taking her break from 12 October to have her baby, returning mid-February 2021. She is married to fellow lawyer and founder of Kahui Legal, Matanuku Mahuika, (left) who is also chair of Ngati Porou Holdings
>> Watch the Tiana Epati Interview – Click Here
- Another Law Firm for Kim DotcomInternet entrerpreneur Kim Dotcom’s ongoing battle to avoid extradition to the United States has seen a number of […] More
- If 2020 Was Tough for Kiwi Lawyers – It May Have Been Even More Tough for The NZ Law SocietyLaw Society Posts a $3 Million Loss after a ‘challenging year’ The Law Society has posted a $3 […] More
- The 15-Hour Workdays And Ongoing Issue of Lawyer BurnoutLawyer burnout is a major problem for law firms globally, but it’s not an inevitability More
- ‘You’re The Reason God Gave Us a Middle Finger’ – Abusive Emails Achieve Suspension For LawyerLaw Society Tribunal suspends lawyer for misconduct over abusive emails sent to litigant From the NZ Law Society […] More
- Buddle Findlay’s #MeToo Moment – Concern Over Claim of Big Law Partner’s Inappropriate ConductDespite the furore over the Russell McVeagh conduct that is now – some three years later – wending […] More
- Duncan Cotterill Expands to Queenstown & Secures Major Property ClientDuncan Cotterill has opened a Queenstown office with the acquisition of Mackersy Legal, from the beginning of April. […] More
- NZ Law News – New Partners at Greenwood RocheNational specialist projects firm, Greenwood Roche, has announced that Mark Anderson and Antonia Shanahan will be joining the […] More
- Mainzeal Directors Lose in Court of Appeal31 March 2021 | – The Court of Appeal decision released today has confirmed the liquidators were successful […] More