Law Society President Tiana Epati is taking a break from the demands of office to have a baby, after a busy schedule both with Law Society duties and including a busy court schedule.
This week she appeared in the Supreme Court with criminal law barrister Nick Chisnall, describing on LinkedIn how she had risen to her “swollen feet” as someone who was eight months’ pregnant.
“We always talked about one day presenting a criminal appeal together as equal co-counsel. And we finally did it. It takes a lot of trust and confidence to co-share a case, particularly at this level.”
Ms Epati, LawFuel’s Lawyer of the Year last year, has worked extensively as both a prosecution and criminal defence lawyer.
She is taking her break from 12 October to have her baby, returning mid-February 2021. She is married to fellow lawyer and founder of Kahui Legal, Matanuku Mahuika, (left) who is also chair of Ngati Porou Holdings
>> Watch the Tiana Epati Interview – Click Here
- Ten ways to protect your business from cybercrimeLaw firms have been subjected to cybercrime attacks and need high preparedness Sydney Kanda – Cybercrime continues to […]
- The Bitter Legal Fight That Consumed Millions And Sent Eric Watson to Pentonville Prison The bitter and bitterly […]
- Stress management . . bullying & harassment . . meaningful legal work all considered in survey The College […]
- Australian tax lawyer and rock singer Patrick Flynn, once a quiet suburban lawyer, has been thrust into the […]
- Russell McVeagh has stepped up to assist women entrepreneurs with a new initiative to provide pro bono legal […]
- How The Disputes Tribunal And Its Referees May Be Upstaging the Courts With Dispensing JusticeThe Disputes Tribunal has been at the forefront of dispute resolution in New Zealand since with around 20,000 […]
- The LawFuel Gender Survey: New Zealand’s Most Female-Friendly Big Law Firms in 2020 Gender equality continues as one […]
- Bell Gully chair Anna Buchly has won the 2020 INFINZ Hunter Campbell Diversity and Inclusion award, underpinning the firm’s commitment […]