Law Society President Tiana Epati is taking a break from the demands of office to have a baby, after a busy schedule both with Law Society duties and including a busy court schedule.
This week she appeared in the Supreme Court with criminal law barrister Nick Chisnall, describing on LinkedIn how she had risen to her “swollen feet” as someone who was eight months’ pregnant.
“We always talked about one day presenting a criminal appeal together as equal co-counsel. And we finally did it. It takes a lot of trust and confidence to co-share a case, particularly at this level.”
Ms Epati, LawFuel’s Lawyer of the Year last year, has worked extensively as both a prosecution and criminal defence lawyer.
She is taking her break from 12 October to have her baby, returning mid-February 2021. She is married to fellow lawyer and founder of Kahui Legal, Matanuku Mahuika, (left) who is also chair of Ngati Porou Holdings
>> Watch the Tiana Epati Interview – Click Here
- Too Hot To Handle Lawyer’s Career Transition From Smart to Sexy . . And Her Lesson For Other Women
- Why James Gardner-Hopkins Has Been The Fall Guy For Other Fallen LawyersWhy is James Gardner-Hopkins the fall guy for a profession’s bad behaviour?
- PWC Sued For $1.5 Billion Over Alleged Incorrect Advice Re Brierley Companies
- Gisborne Law Firm Hit By Ransom-Demanding Cyber Attack
- The Law Society Tribunal’s Decision on James Gardner-Hopkins The ‘Young, Cool’ Russell McVeagh Partner Who Succumbed to the “Laddish” Work Hard, Play Hard Culture
- Ron Mansfield, Davy Salmon Among 10 New Silks Announced Today
- This Week’s Best 5 Law Jobs in New Zealand – Private Client Work For Wealthy Families To Crown Prosecution Opportunities for ‘Dynamic’ Lawyers and a Key Public Law Role in Auckland
- Adina Thorn’s Class Action Against Carter Holt Ends With Litigation Funder Withdrawing