Law Society President Tiana Epati is taking a break from the demands of office to have a baby, after a busy schedule both with Law Society duties and including a busy court schedule.
This week she appeared in the Supreme Court with criminal law barrister Nick Chisnall, describing on LinkedIn how she had risen to her “swollen feet” as someone who was eight months’ pregnant.
“We always talked about one day presenting a criminal appeal together as equal co-counsel. And we finally did it. It takes a lot of trust and confidence to co-share a case, particularly at this level.”
Ms Epati, LawFuel’s Lawyer of the Year last year, has worked extensively as both a prosecution and criminal defence lawyer.
She is taking her break from 12 October to have her baby, returning mid-February 2021. She is married to fellow lawyer and founder of Kahui Legal, Matanuku Mahuika, (left) who is also chair of Ngati Porou Holdings
>> Watch the Tiana Epati Interview – Click Here
- The New Zealand Law Profession’s Unceremonious ‘Third Anniversary’ Of Workplace Bullying & HarassmentJohn Bowie* It’s an anniversary that the New Zealand law profession would rather not have needed to talk […] More
- Otago All-Women Law Firm Celebrate International Women’s DayIt’s on 8 March, in case you didn’t know, but for Dunedin law firm Staley Cardoza Lawyers they’re […] More
- Chapman Tripp’s New Patent Law PlayThere’s been a lot happening in the patent law area in recent years and a gap in the […] More
- JunoLegal Grows With Another NZ In-House Counsel HireNew Law firm Juno Legal has recruited another senior New Zealand In-house Counsel with its recruitment of former […] More
- What’s Happening At Meredith Connell With Its Litigator Departures?Why are litigators departing from Meredith Connell? More
- Supreme Court Remits Kim Dotcom & Associates’ Case To Court of AppealThe US Government and Kim Dotcom Agree On One Thing At Least . . In a Supreme Court […] More
- How Much Has The Dotcom Case Cost The New Zealand Taxpayer? Take A GuessHow does $7 Million Sound? It’s taken nine years of battling, but the cost to the New Zealand […] More
- Law Firm Branding: Buddle Findlay ‘Refresh’ Their Brand – But Does It Cut The Mustard?Christine Hansen – “Refreshing” a law firm brand is always a fraught task, but as the legal market […] More