Hayden Wilson has been elected as Chair of Dentons.
He took over from David Campbell, who stepped down after three years as chair, effective yesterday. Wilson also becomes part of the Dentons global board.
Wilson is a seasoned litigator who has headed up Dentons Kensington Swan’s litigation team in Wellington. He focuses on public, regulatory and commercial litigation, and has acted for regulatory bodies and government agencies, playing, the firm said, a key role in Dentons Kensington Swan’s relationships with these bodies.
Wilson served as an active board member at Dentons Kensington Swan for three years. He brings “a wealth of governance and leadership experience” to his new role as chair, as well as “an exciting vision for the future of law and Dentons Kensington Swan,” the firm said.
“We are delighted that Hayden been appointed as our new chair. Hayden has an absolute commitment to client service and a deep understanding of our business. We know with his guidance, we are in a strong position to continue building the firm of the future,” CEO Charles Spillane said.
Spillane also thanked Campbell for his contributions to the firm during his time as chair.
“We would also like to thank David Campbell for his incredible contribution and commitment to setting the strategic direction of Dentons Kensington Swan during his tenure as chair. He, alongside Hayden, were key driving forces behind our decision to seek greater international connectedness to serve our clients by combining with Dentons earlier this year,” Spillane said.
- Auckland’s New Crown Solicitor AppointedIn a move that further advances women in the legal profession the Solicitor General Una Jagose KC appointed Alysha …
- Law Society Introduces “Strategic Priorities”The New Zealand Law Society has announced its moves to adapt to the rapidly changing legal marketplace by working …
- Who Are The ‘Tier 1’ Top NZ Law Firms In The Legal500 For 2023?The Legal 500 rankings for 2023 include a range of kiwi law firms that the organisation assessing law firms …
Who Are The ‘Tier 1’ Top NZ Law Firms In The Legal500 For 2023? Read More »
- Which Are The 30 Most Prestigious Law Firms . . Anywhere?Here are the 30 most prestigious law firms in the world – America’s best law firms to work for
- Lawyer of the Year 2022 Tudor Clee – From Car Boot to ‘Loophole Lawyer’, the Lawyer Who Fought The Government And WonLawFuel’s 2022 Lawyer of the Year is the battling ‘loophole lawyer’ who fought to get Charlotte Bellis into the country under the MIQ lottery system.
- Gender Inequality in the Law Continues As Australian Survey IllustratesAfter years attempting to advance the number of female partners in Australian law firms, the current numbers show they …
Gender Inequality in the Law Continues As Australian Survey Illustrates Read More »
- The 3 Key Selling Points Law Firms Need To Consider To Attract Quality Law Candidates (It’s not all about money)Leading legal recruiter Louise Hall-Strutt see ‘horror stories’ that turn off potential candidates for law jobs in a market …
The 3 Key Selling Points Law Firms Need To Consider To Attract Quality Law Candidates (It’s not all about money) Read More »