CHICAGO, Feb. 20, 2020 – Powered by LawFuel — On behalf of RevoLaze, LLC, Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley of Patterson Law Firm won a $32,262,488.50 legal malpractice jury verdict against attorney Mark Hogge and Dentons. This is a win for RevoLaze against a firm that claims to be the largest law firm in the world.
The trial took place in Cleveland, Ohio and lasted three weeks. “The verdict did not surprise me,” said Kristi Browne, “but it was gratifying. The jury was particularly attentive throughout the trial, asked good questions, and thoroughly deliberated.”
RevoLaze, a small Cleveland, Ohio technology company, owns patents that have revolutionized the denim industry. In 2015, Dentons and Mr. Hogge were disqualified from representing RevoLaze in a patent enforcement case in the International Trade Commission. The disqualification occurred after a defendant in that case, The Gap, raised a conflict of interest. “The case is important because it shows that a law firm cannot evade its duty of loyalty by organizing itself as a Swiss verein,” said Sarah Dunkley.
Kristi Browne and Sarah Dunkley relocated to Cleveland for a month, and worked with local Cleveland counsel, Tom Anastos. A five-lawyer team from Jones Day represented Dentons and Mr. Hogge.
This is believed to be the largest legal malpractice judgment in Ohio history.
Patterson Law Firm
SOURCE Patterson Law Firm
Recent Headlines on LawFuel
- Axiom’s Troubles Deepen With More DeparturesAxiom Ince may not survive following the Pragnesh Modhwadia scandal and the departure of major numbers of their lawyers
- The China Law Takeaway – Job Losses At Linklaters Follow DownturnLinklaters and other big law firms are bidding farewell to China following downturns in fees and other issues
- Returning for more: Paul Weiss Launch Second Raid upon Kirkland & EllisPaul Weiss have launched another raid upon Kirkland & Ellis recruiting partners for their equity group and following an earlier raid upon a senior legal team in Kirland’s London office
- £65 Million Client Account Scandal Rocks Prominent London Law FirmLondon law firm Axiom Ince has been rocked with a major scandal involving allegedly missing funds with court freezing order made against Pragnesh Modhwadia
- London Law And Neel Sachdev’s Big PaydayTop earning London lawyer Neel Sachdev has picked up one of the biggest payday deals of any law firm offer after joining Paul Weiss from Kirkland & Ellis
- AI Under the Legal Lens As ABA Task Force Delves into the Future of LawThe ABA have set up a task force to examine the implications of AI in the legal profession, including the ethical and other issues arising from the use of the technology
- Barbie’s Box Office Triumph Unlocks Key Strategies for Law Firm MarketingThe Barbie movie has been an outstanding success, but the way in which the movie was marketed also contains some key law firm marketing tips that can be deployed to build upon your firm’s brand by using some key ‘Barbie’ strategies to boost your business.
- Who Is Steven Sadow, Trump’s New Lawyer?Donald Trump has had his mugshot taken in Atlanta GA and has also appointed high profile criminal lawyer Steven Sadow as head of his legal team to handle his multitude of legal challenges following various lawsuits filed against Donald Trump
- BigLaw Australian Firms Layoff Fee Earners in CutbacksNumerous reports from the UK and the US about cutbacks during a slowdown in … Read more