LawFuel says –
Following the 2018 Annus horribilis Russell McVeagh has had the spotlight shined upon it and needed to overhaul its culture to remove the stigma of its sexual harassment scandals. However it remains firmly entrenched as one of the country’s pre-eminent law firms, demanding the most of its lawyers and generally compensating them generously. It’s a hard work, play carefully environment.
Russell McVeagh says –
We challenge ourselves to be leaders, not only in technical excellence, but in culture transformation in the legal industry. We are a dynamic network of specialists who are champions for our clients’ strategic goals. Our passionate and energetic team embrace unwavering commitment to excellence across everything we do.
Summer Clerk Programme –
The summer clerk programme at Russell McVeagh offers three months experience in a top-tier firm in your penultimate year of university.
Year One – TBA
Gender Diversity –
(Females to Male Partners/Directors as at LawFuel survey 2017)
30 per cent
- Exceptional performance awards.
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including subsidised gym memberships, free and confidential counselling services and an onsite health nurse in both our Auckland and Wellington offices.
- Discounted premiums for Southern Cross medical insurance.
- Long service leave, generous sick leave and a variety of gifts and celebrations.
- An attractive bonus scheme for senior solicitors and senior associates.
- An annual solicitor’s allowance for solicitors with more than four years experience.
- Paid parental leave.
- Access to a number of ‘workplace support’ services including an emergency nanny service, smartphone allowance and errand runners.
- An extensive Learning and Development program.
- And, as you would expect from NZ’s premier law firm, access to fantastic resources – cutting edge technology and one of New Zealand’s top legal libraries.
Glassdoor Ranking –