Car accidents can happen anytime and anywhere and it helps to know an auto accident attorney. When car accidents take place, the event could lead to small and fatal injuries or even death.
There are times when a car accident can happen even when you have been driving safe. You might end up in an accident caused by recklessness or carelessness of another driver. In other words, auto accidents can result from purely unpredictable and unavoidable circumstances.
According to the US Census Bureau, on an average, auto accidents lead to 89 deaths in the U.S. each day.
Here are some really shocking facts:
• There have been 5,419,000 vehicle crashes in 2010 leading to 32,885 deaths and 2,239,000 people ended up with mild to severe injuries.
• Traffic fatalities in 2011 were 32,367, which is considered the lowest since 1949.
• In 2009, the total number of people involved in fatal crashes including occupants, non-occupants, drivers, passengers, and others was 76,309.
• Fatalities per 100,000 resident population for children under 5 years old was 2.02, for teenagers 16 to 20 years old it was 18.08, for persons aged 25 to 34 years old it was 13.69, for persons aged 45 to 54 years old it was 12.10 and for people aged 75 years old and over, it was 15.52.
It is not the auto accident that but the several aspects associated with it that necessitates the need for an auto accident attorney.
Auto accident attorney handle different cases
If you have been involved in a car accident or someone close to you has been involved then the good news is that you can make claim with the help of auto accident attorney.
An attorney specializing in car accidents will be able to provide you compensation for your loss related to several aspects of the accident including:
• Drunk Driving Accidents
• Bodily Injury Claims
• No-Fault Accidents
• Pedestrian Accidents
• Mechanical Defects and Malfunction
• Underinsured Motorist
• Uninsured Motorist
• Wrongful Death
• Other Insurance Claims
• Highway Defects
The advantages of hiring an auto accident attorney
It is important to understand the fact that any victim of an auto accident, whether they are a passenger, driver, or even spouse of the injured person, will be entitled to compensation.
The compensation will be paid by the other driver or the owner of the other car. The compensation would include medical expenses as well as compensation for damage to your car.
Apart from this an auto accident attorney can help you get compensation for any future medical bills as a result of your accident. According to the law, they can also pursue potentially punitive damages that have been designed to punish erring drivers.
There are several other advantages of hiring an auto accident attorney. Some of the benefits that you will derive include:
• Death benefits or compensation
• Immediate medical attention as well as long-term health care
• Compensation for mental or emotional pain and suffering
• Compensation for property damage
• Compensation for vehicle damage
• No fault benefits for lost wages or earnings
• Compensation for short or long-term wage loss
• Claim for wrongful death caused by negligence
• Short or long term attendant care benefits
Having an auto accident attorney to file a compensation claim is like having a shoulder to cry on when you are hurt the most. If you choose the right attorney, one with years of experience in personal injury law, then you can be rest assured that they will passionately pursue justice for you.
Derek Langley is a freelance writer interested in writing articles for legal issues and advices. Most often he writes articles for law firms and accident compensations.