22 September – LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – International law firm Dechert LLP announced today that it had reached an agreement in principle with Coudert, following the decision of six partners in Coudert’s Paris office to move to Dechert. The agreement will facilitate the move to Dechert of the core practice groups at Coudert’s Paris office and their support teams, and will significantly expand Dechert’s cross-border corporate/M&A, life sciences and international litigation/arbitration capabilities, as well as its French tax and employment law practices.
With more than 900 lawyers in the United States and Europe, Dechert has been present in Paris since 1995. The 32-lawyer Coudert team will, subject to certain conditions, join Dechert effective October 1, 2005.
Dechert Chairman Barton J. Winokur said, “We are proud that these lawyers have chosen Dechert. This is a major step for us in Paris, and for our international practice.”
The new partners joining Dechert in Paris are:
– Alain Decombe, a corporate lawyer, specializes in M&A and pharmaceutical law. His clients include leading French and multinational groups active in the life sciences, food, energy and engineered products sectors, among others.
– Xavier Nyssen specializes in litigation and international arbitration, with a focus on the energy, electronic and telecommunications sectors. He is a member of the Paris, Brussels and New York bars.
– Jay Aragonés focuses on corporate law, with an emphasis advising on cross-border M&A and joint ventures in Western and Eastern Europe.
– Philip Dunham specializes in litigation and international arbitration and represents clients before such prestigious bodies as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). He is particularly experienced in advising on matters relating to energy and construction.
– Eduardo Silva-Romero, a former deputy secretary general of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), specializes in international arbitration cases involving sovereign states, particularly involving Spain and Latin America.
– Yann de Kergos specializes in the tax aspects of M&A and corporate reorganizations and tax litigation, in particular in the life sciences, media and high-tech sectors.
Said Dechert Paris partner Jonathan Schur : “Dechert is delighted to welcome these talented and experienced lawyers to the firm. Our Paris office now has the strength and breadth to meet the needs of our expanding European practice.”
Said Alain Decombe: “My colleagues and I are very pleased to be joining Dechert, whose culture and core values we recognize as our own. Dechert’s strong US and UK bases and growing practice group network in continental Europe will enable us to expand and improve the services we offer clients.”List your legal jobs on the LawFuel Network