Powered by LawFuel – Allen & Overy LLP today announced that Wim Dejonghe has been re-elected as senior partner with effect from 1 May 2020, for a second four-year term in the role.
Wim has been senior partner since 2016, when he was elected to the role for his first term and was A&O’s managing partner for two terms prior to that.
Wim comments: “It is a great honour and privilege to be re-elected to this role for a second term and I would like to thank the partners for placing their trust in me to continue to lead the firm. A&O has seen considerable success in recent years and I’m looking forward to building on this, seeking further innovation and cementing our position as a global elite law firm.”
Wim has been part of Allen & Overy’s senior leadership team since 2008, first as global managing partner, and since 2016 as the firm’s senior partner. He joined A&O as a partner in 2001, having previously been a partner at Loeff Claeys Verbeke since 1993. He was managing partner of the Belgian offices from 1996 until his election as A&O’s global managing partner. He also co-headed the firm’s global Corporate practice.
A&O’s managing partner Andrew Ballheimer is retiring at the end of his term in April 2020. His successor will be announced on 28 February.
Recent LawFuel Headlines
- NZ Patent Lawyer Says COVID-9 Sees Surge in Trade Mark Innovation18 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Widespread redundancies and the […]
- Meredith Connell Grows Litigation Expertise With Boutique Merger18 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Meredith Connell has expanded […]
- Ghislaine Maxwell Arrest Sees Prince Andrew Links To Obscure Lobbying Firm Propelled to prominence By A Kiwi Ambassador18 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Lawyers for Prince Andrew […]
- Australia’s Most Female-Friendly Law Firm18 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Moray & Agnew the […]
- How The Disintegrating Law Firm Hired By Rudy Giuliani Has Spawned Its Young18 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Breaking […]
- Less Money For NQ Lawyers in London . . But There Is A Silver Lining18 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Sad but true. Newly […]
- Boies Law Firm Upheaval Continues With 4 Partner Defection to King & Spalding18 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The turmoil at Boies […]