Powered by LawFuel – Allen & Overy LLP today announced that Wim Dejonghe has been re-elected as senior partner with effect from 1 May 2020, for a second four-year term in the role.
Wim has been senior partner since 2016, when he was elected to the role for his first term and was A&O’s managing partner for two terms prior to that.
Wim comments: “It is a great honour and privilege to be re-elected to this role for a second term and I would like to thank the partners for placing their trust in me to continue to lead the firm. A&O has seen considerable success in recent years and I’m looking forward to building on this, seeking further innovation and cementing our position as a global elite law firm.”
Wim has been part of Allen & Overy’s senior leadership team since 2008, first as global managing partner, and since 2016 as the firm’s senior partner. He joined A&O as a partner in 2001, having previously been a partner at Loeff Claeys Verbeke since 1993. He was managing partner of the Belgian offices from 1996 until his election as A&O’s global managing partner. He also co-headed the firm’s global Corporate practice.
A&O’s managing partner Andrew Ballheimer is retiring at the end of his term in April 2020. His successor will be announced on 28 February.
Recent LawFuel Headlines
- Brisbane Law Firm Accused Of Falsely Claiming Pay Reduction Was Due to COVIDA Brisbane law firm has been hit by an accusation from a former paralegal […] More
- Parlous Start to Parler Antitrust Lawsuit Against AmazonThe far-right Parler social media platform is facing a tough road in its antitrust […] More
- The Twin Lawyers With Equal Passion For Maori Legal IssuesThe twin 23-year-old girls inspired by their non-lawyer father’s arguments for Maori Land Rights […] More
- Pandemic Drives Law Firm Mergers Down in 2020Law firm mergers have been hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Mergers dropped by 43 […] More
- Fish & Richardson Elevates Its Most Diverse Principal Class EverBoston, MA, Jan. 5, 2021 – Fish & Richardson has elevated 14 attorneys to principals at […] More
- Perkins Coie Announce Most Diverse Partner ClassSEATTLE (January 4, 2021) Powered by LawFuel —Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that […] More
- The Lawyers’ Vacation Truce – It May Not Exist But 2021 Is Here With, Or Without ItWhen AbovetheLaw writer and lawyer Jordan Rothman wrote about a ‘holiday truce’ for lawyers, […] More