Powered by LawFuel – Allen & Overy LLP today announced that Wim Dejonghe has been re-elected as senior partner with effect from 1 May 2020, for a second four-year term in the role.
Wim has been senior partner since 2016, when he was elected to the role for his first term and was A&O’s managing partner for two terms prior to that.
Wim comments: “It is a great honour and privilege to be re-elected to this role for a second term and I would like to thank the partners for placing their trust in me to continue to lead the firm. A&O has seen considerable success in recent years and I’m looking forward to building on this, seeking further innovation and cementing our position as a global elite law firm.”
Wim has been part of Allen & Overy’s senior leadership team since 2008, first as global managing partner, and since 2016 as the firm’s senior partner. He joined A&O as a partner in 2001, having previously been a partner at Loeff Claeys Verbeke since 1993. He was managing partner of the Belgian offices from 1996 until his election as A&O’s global managing partner. He also co-headed the firm’s global Corporate practice.
A&O’s managing partner Andrew Ballheimer is retiring at the end of his term in April 2020. His successor will be announced on 28 February.
Recent LawFuel Headlines
- Lawyer’s Conduct Amounted to Sexual Harassment, Law Society Committee SaysA Standards Committee has found there was unsatisfactory conduct by a lawyer, L, for […] More
- Social Media Marketing for Lawyers: 12 Key TipsSocial media marketing for lawyers More
- What Fields of Law Make the Most Money Today? The 6 Existing and Emerging Fields Of Law Offering Big Fees for LawyersIt’s a simple question to ask which are the best fields of law for […] More
- 17 New Partners At SkaddenSkadden – We are pleased to announce that the following attorneys have become partners […] More
- Law Firm Mergers Set To Rise After The 2020 Pandemic DropLaw firm mergers are set to dramatically increase in 2021 after the pandemic, with […] More
- $1.4 Million Partner Pay Is Not Cutting The Mustard For Many Partners At MintersBoard report shows there are money issues at the top Australian law firm There’s […] More
- How Some Gen Y Lawyers Are Steering Their Law Careers Around Their Personal Values and Leaving Big LawAlina Lee is one example – a lawyer who left Big Law to settle […] More