33 Andrew Cordner
Despite Fonterra’s disastrous period of late, the company remains a cornerstone of New Zealand’s economy and Andrew Cordner’s legal team have doubtless been heavily involved in ensuring the dairy giant retains that role.
Andrew Cordner comes with a legal pedigree second to none and now fronts legal work for the company responsible for one third of the world’s dairy exports and generating revenues of well over $17 billion.
His legal team has been a global one, with over 20 lawyers based in New Zealand, Australia, China, Chile, the US and Brazil.
Replacing former Fonterra legal counsel Mike Cronin in 2015, Andrew Cordner has experience as a former partner at US legal giant Foley Hoag and has a post-graduate degree from Duke University.
He played a central role handling the major arbitration with French dairy giant Danone over the 2013 botulism scare and has played a key role in reviewing the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act and helping build a strategic alliance with Coca Cola in Southeast Asia, quite apart from the recent financial issues that have doubtless lead to different issues including no doubt a look at Fonterra’s capital structure and whether it remains fit for purpose.
- Why We Must Celebrate Justice Kos’s Rise . . But Shed A Small Tear of Regret Too
- Bankside Chambers Flashy Makeover
- Associates Promoted at LangtonHudsonButcher
- Clifford Chance – The growing risk of group litigation and class actions
- Four Charged by US Attorney Over Multi-Billion Dollar Collapse of Archegos Capital Management