LAWFUEL – The Legal Newswire – Chicago, IL – January 7, 2008 – Baker & McKenzie announced today the election of 10 new Partners in North America, bringing the total number of Partners in the region to 360. The elections were effective as of January 1, 2008.
North American Managing Partner David Hackett commented: “The strength of the Firm relies on the quality of our talent. Today, we acknowledge the hard work and dedication of these lawyers both to our clients and to the Firm. They are a reflection of our continued growth in many of our key practice areas, and we are pleased to call them ‘Partner’.”
The newly elected Partners are:
• Lina A. Braude (Washington, D.C.) is a member of the Firm’s International Commercial Practice Group. She focuses her practice in corporate law and corporate compliance issues and has extensive experience advising clients on the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and related legislation, including U.S. money laundering laws and their application to the activities of multinational companies in emerging markets. She joined the Firm in 2005.
• Eric D. Brown (Washington, D.C.) is a member of the Firm’s International Commercial Practice Group. He advises clients on compliance with U.S. export controls, trade and economic sanctions, anti-boycott controls, international anti-corruption measures such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and U.S. anti-money laundering laws. He joined the Firm in 2005.
• Brian F. Burke (Washington, D.C.) is a member of the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Brian focuses his practice primarily in the area of antitrust and trade regulation and has represented clients before the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission in the regulatory approval process for proposed mergers and acquisitions and in other civil as well as criminal antitrust investigations. He joined the Firm in 1998.
• Elizabeth P. Fahey (Chicago) is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. She focuses her practice in the area of mergers and acquisitions, drafting and negotiating corporate transaction documents, including stock purchase, asset purchase and merger agreements. She also advises clients on general corporate and business law matters, including private placement of securities. She joined the Firm in 2003.
• Lisa Parker Gates (Chicago) is a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group. She focuses her practice on a variety of intellectual property matters, including management and policing of trademark portfolios, trademark searches and clearance activities, trademark and copyright infringement matters, licensing of trademarks and IP matters in a variety of corporate transactions. She joined the Firm in 2003.
• Stephen Griesemer (Chicago) is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. He advises clients in connection with domestic and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, including public company mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliance arrangements, public and private securities offerings, corporate governance and other corporate transactional matters. He joined the Firm in 2001.
• Lisa W. Rosaya (New York) is a member of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. Lisa advises and represents clients on various matters relating to intellectual property, including trademark selection and branding, trademark prosecution, trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, trademark and copyright licensing, enforcement and infringement matters and domain name disputes. She joined the Firm in 2005.
• Irina Shestakova (San Francisco/Palo Alto) is a member of the International Commercial Practice Group. Irina focuses her practice primarily on global corporate restructuring projects, including post-acquisition integration and spin-off transactions, as well as tax-planning restructurings. She also advises, drafts and negotiates software and technology licensing, distribution, development, maintenance and support agreements. She joined the Firm in 1997.
• Angela J. Walitt (Washington, D.C.) is a member of the Tax Practice Group. She focuses her practice on U.S. federal income taxation of corporations, with an emphasis on international tax planning and controversies involving international tax issues. She joined the Firm in 2003.
• Edward West (Chicago) is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. He focuses his practice on international mergers and acquisitions, particularly asset and share acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, venture capital and U.K. public company and securities work. He joined the Firm in 2000.
– Ends –