At the awards held in Auckland last night, Anna was recognised for encouraging and nurturing diversity, in particular around gender and diverse representation at all levels.
Managing partner Haydn Wong said the firm’s team-first culture is built on the principles of inclusion and diversity, with Anna leading from the front in this area.
“Anna leads a number of important initiatives internally, including our recently launched Kaiārahi mentoring programme – tailored and targeted to the specific needs of each of our individual lawyers,” he said.
“Having met our goal of 25% female partnership five years early, Anna has led the board to set the next goal of 33% female partners by 2025 with the longer term goal of having a 40:40:20 split across our partnership and our staff.” Haydn adds “but D&I isn’t only about gender and Anna has championed our broader strategy including our LGBTQI+, Women at Bell Gully, Parent Network and our engagement with TupuToa and iwi to ensure we are growing to represent the community we live in. Anna’s collaborative and inclusive approach means people continue to be at the heart of Bell Gully’s success.”
This most recent accolade adds to several notable awards over the past 12 months. Last year, Anna was awarded Managing Partner of the Year at the 2019 New Zealand Law Awards, while the firm was also recognised with the Employer of Choice award.
The INFINZ Awards recognise innovation and excellence in New Zealand’s financial and capital markets sector. Several teams involved in the Vodafone New Zealand transaction won three awards on the night, including NZ Equity Market Transaction of the Year, M&A Transaction of the Year and Debt Deal of the Year – a special congratulations to all involved. Bell Gully acted as Vodafone Group’s counsel on this significant transaction.
Bell Gully congratulates all winners and finalists for their achievements.
- JunoLegal Grows With Another NZ In-House Counsel HireNew Law firm Juno Legal has recruited another senior New Zealand In-house Counsel with its recruitment of former BP NZ General Counsel Rachael Lynch. She has spent […] More
- What’s Happening At Meredith Connell With Its Litigator Departures?Why are litigators departing from Meredith Connell? More
- Supreme Court Remits Kim Dotcom & Associates’ Case To Court of AppealThe US Government and Kim Dotcom Agree On One Thing At Least . . In a Supreme Court decision released today the Supreme Court has remitted the […] More
- How Much Has The Dotcom Case Cost The New Zealand Taxpayer? Take A GuessHow does $7 Million Sound? It’s taken nine years of battling, but the cost to the New Zealand taxpayer of the claims against Kim Dotcom and Megaupload […] More
- Law Firm Branding: Buddle Findlay ‘Refresh’ Their Brand – But Does It Cut The Mustard?Christine Hansen – “Refreshing” a law firm brand is always a fraught task, but as the legal market becomes more tech-focused and competitive, the need to show […] More
- New Chair At Bell GullyBell Gully has announced a new chair to replace Anna Buchly after three years in the role, by appointing projects and real estate chief Andrew Petersen. Petersen […] More