Contract management has always been an arduous and time-consuming task. The introduction of contract management software allowed companies to store and organize their contracts easily. Then came AI-driven contract software. AI-driven contract software further simplified contract management by making it easier to draft, oversee, store, and handle contracts while minimizing human error.
One of the most significant issues in contract management is mistagging or misfiling contracts. The Harvard Business Review estimates that up to 40% of a contract’s value can be lost as a result of poor contract management. Through ai contract automation, these programs can eliminate the possibility of human error when it comes to filing contracts.
Given how vital contract management is, it’s essential to choose the best software for the job. Let’s compare two ai contract platforms to determine which is the better option:
Evisort and Kira Systems are two contract management programs that utilize AI to govern contract components. In addition to preventing the mistagging and misfiling of contracts, they both offer several other ai-driven capabilities:
- Able to recognize different contract types.
- It can identify patterns, allowing companies to derive crucial information like clauses, dates, parties, and so on.
- Provide risk mitigation by sending alerts about dates.
- Simplify the process of drafting a new contract.
- Quickly obtain project and contract summaries.
- Able to search contracts across different departments.
- It can easily import documents.
- Offer cloud-based storage, so contracts are accessible from anywhere.
- Provide built-in data security.
- Intuitive dashboards allow for adept workflow management.
- Can be used with existing IT set-up
While Evisort and Kira Systems share a lot of the same capabilities, the way they perform these actions sets them apart.
Contract management software can prevent companies from missing contractual deadlines. The software will issue an automatic alert about contractual obligations or essential contract dates. Both Evisort and Kira systems have this capability. Additionally, they both use machine learning algorithms to learn from contracts and find ways to enhance future contracts.
However, Evisort offers machine learning that is “pre-trained” in over 50 functions. Evisort mines data through its pre-trained sort and search features, saving valuable time in training the system. It’s also able to get data from third-party contracts.
Kira Systems doesn’t have this same level of machine learning. With Kira Systems, you first need to identify the concepts and clauses you want the system to find. This means that the user has to train the network. It is, therefore, more time consuming to set up. That being said, Kira Systems has been on the market longer, they were founded in 2010, whereas Evisort only began in 2016.
Evisort offers quick set-up and out-of-the-box usability, but Kira Systems is highly customizable. Evisort uses machine learning supported translation services while Kira Systems is pre-set to operate in several languages. When it comes to translation service, Evisort’s method is better. This is because using machine learning for translation allows the software to learn. It can then compare contractual information over language barriers. As a result, it’s more effective.
Kira Systems has more templates for contract creation. These templates allow companies to create various types of contracts seamlessly. Evisort, by contrast, tracks the entire lifecycle of a deal and then extrapolates data to make future agreements better. The large number of templates that Kira Systems offers gives instant value. However, Evisort has lifecycle management and machine learning that grows to create better contracts.
AI and machine learning contract software are essential in helping to grow a business. It saves personnel time, mitigates risk, and saves money. Kira Systems and Evisort are relatively similar; therefore, choosing between these two software options will depend on how your company does business. If your company is local and you don’t work with a lot of types of contracts than Kira Systems is the choice to go with. However, if your company operates globally, and deals with a variety of arrangements, then Evisort is the better choice.
Additionally, Evisort’s machine learning is more advanced than Kira Systems. Evisort learns from every contract the company creates and can improve on them, allowing for better contracts in the future. This means that the more you use the Evisort platform, the better your contracts will become.
- Legal Technology: Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions eBook Shows Steps for Corporate Legal Departments to Drive Change ManagementCLDs can best manage change through advanced technology, domain expertise and success management. […] More
- Chapman Tripp on Most Innovative Law Firm ListDescribed as the ‘one to watch’ in New Zealand’s legaltech industry, Chapman Tripp […] More
- Law Schools to Incorporate More Maori in Law CoursesAUT’s newly appointed Interim Dean, Khylee Quince has announced that there will be […] More
- Akerman LLP Expands Corporate Law Practice in Washington DCAkerman LLP, a top 100 U.S. law firm, has expanded its Corporate Practice […] More
- UK Law News – Fast-Growing Knights Buys Another Law FirmKnights, the UK’s fastest growing legal and professional services business, today announces that it […] More