BOSTON – LAWFUEL – Law News, Law Jobs – Foley & Lardner LLP announced today that 19 partners and two of counsel have been named 2006 Massachusetts “Super Lawyers” by Law & Politics Media, Inc.
The Foley attorneys named and their primary practices as classified by Law & Politics are:
· Kenneth R. Appleby, tax;
· Peter M. Barlow, family law;
· Russell Beck, general litigation;
· Michael L. Blau, health care;
· Paul D. Broude, business/corporate;
· Stephen Ives Burr, real estate;
· Charles Raymond Dougherty, bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights;
· Thomas I. Elkind, construction litigation;
· Gabor Garai, securities and corporate finance;
· Barry A. Guryan, employment and labor;
· Robert J. Kates, family law;
· Ellen C. Kearns, employment and labor;
· Lawrence M. Kraus, business litigation;
· Michel Morency, intellectual property;
· Michael R. Pontrelli, general litigation;
· Susan E. Pravda, mergers and acquisitions;
· David S. Rubin; employment and labor;
· Andrew Stern, real estate;
· Michael James Tuteur, business litigation;
· Lawrence W. Vernaglia, healthcare; and
· J. Mark Waxman, health care.
To compile the annual list, Law & Politics surveyed more than 32,000 lawyers across Massachusetts, asking them to vote for the best lawyers they have personally observed in action. The final list features the top five percent of Massachusetts attorneys in more than 60 areas of practice. The list will be published in the November 2006 issue of Massachusetts Super Lawyers and in a special section in the 2006 issue of Boston Magazine.
Foley & Lardner LLP provides the full range of corporate legal counsel. Our attorneys understand today’s most complex business issues, including corporate governance, securities enforcement, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property counseling and litigation, outsourcing and information technology, labor and employment, and tax. The firm offers total solutions in the automotive, emerging technologies, energy, entertainment and media, financial services, food, golf and resort services, insurance, health care, life sciences, nanotechnology, and sports industries. The firm’s Web site can be found at www.foley.com.