Brussels, Belgium – LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – International law firm Dechert LLP announced today that it had reached an agreement with a team comprising five former partners from Coudert Brothers LLP and their associates to join its existing Brussels office. This follows the recent move to Dechert of 32 lawyers from Coudert’s Paris office. The lawyers joining Dechert from Coudert in Brussels previously worked closely with Dechert’s new Paris partners on cross border M&A, private equity and EU competition issues.
Partners joining Dechert in Brussels are:
– René Gonne, who focuses on corporate law, securities and corporate finance, M&A, company restructuring and energy.
– Eric Deltour, who advises on corporate law, M&A, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
– Fabrice Mourlon Beernaert, who advises on corporate law, corporate finance, capital markets and energy.
– Harold Minjauw, who focuses on corporate law, M&A, private equity transactions and distribution law.
– Pierre-M. Louis, who advises on competition, EC law in general, and energy. Pierre is an accredited lobbyist to the European Parliament and a former clerk to the President of the Court of Justice of the European Communities.
This group of partners and their associates also handle litigation and arbitration issues related to their practice.
Said Dechert Chairman Barton Winokur: “Dechert’s cross-border activities will benefit greatly from the addition of such talented partners, whom I’m delighted to welcome to the firm. This will increase the breadth of our services in our Brussels office which currently focuses on EC and finance-related matters. Following on from the recent expansion of our Paris office, this demonstrates our commitment to expanding our European network.”
Said René Gonne: “Being part of the Dechert international network provides us with an excellent platform to enhance further the service we offer to our clients. We look forward to contributing to Dechert’s already widely recognised reputation, including assisting its existing and prospective clients in our respective practice areas.”List your legal jobs on the LawFuel Network