CHICAGO – 29 April – LAWFUEL – The Law News Network – Twenty-eight McGuireWoods partners have been named Illinois Super Lawyers in a recent study by Law & Politics magazine. The findings were published in the May 2005 edition of Chicago magazine. 40% of McGuireWoods partners in its Chicago office were included in the results.
The following McGuireWoods partners were named to the Illinois Super Lawyers list:
· Barbara Baran, general litigation
· Scott Becker, health care
· Michael A. Chabraja, business litigation
· Craig R. Culbertson, corporate finance
· Darryl R. Davidson, bonds & government finance
· Keith A. Dorman, labor & employment
· Linda B. Dubnow, business litigation
· Paul D. Durbin, bonds & government finance
· Paul E. Fisher, real estate
· Richard T. Greenberg, business litigation
· James T. Harrington, environmental/land use
· David L. Hartsell, business litigation
· Henry deVos Lawrie, Jr., employee benefits/ERISA
· John Y. Lee, business litigation
· Richard E. Lieberman, labor & employment
· Leslie D. Locke, business litigation
· Richard J. Mason, bankruptcy & workout
· John J. Michels, Jr., labor & employment
· Thomas R. Mulroy, business litigation
· Russell M. Pelton, business litigation
· Michael R. Phillips, labor & employment
· Richard J. Rappaport, antitrust litigation
· James B. Riley, Jr., health care
· William D. Serritella, civil litigation defense
· Gary L. Starkman, general litigation
· Marta A. Stein, business litigation
· Brent D. Stratton, business litigation
· Robert E. Wangard, mergers & acquisitions
Thomas R. Mulroy was also named one of the top 100 Illinois Super Lawyers for 2005.
Law & Politics mails ballots to every attorney in Illinois who has been licensed to practice for five years or more. Attorneys are asked to nominate the best lawyers they have personally observed in action. Each lawyer is given a score based on the number of votes he or she receives, and the source of those votes. Votes received from lawyers in other firms count for significantly more points than votes received from lawyers in the same firm.
McGuireWoods LLP is a full-service law firm with approximately 775 lawyers in 14 offices in the United States, Europe and Central Asia providing legal counsel to clients around the world. The firm’s Chicago office is located at 77 West Wacker Drive. For more information, visit www.mcguirewoods.com.