Powered by LawFuel – London – – Capital markets lawyer David Boles has joined Cooley as a partner based in the firm’s London office. Boles arrives from Latham & Watkins, where he was a partner alongside recent Cooley London arrival Claire Keast-Butler.
“David’s market-leading credentials and more than 15 years of experience make him a formidable addition to our elite capital markets practice,” said Justin Stock, managing partner of Cooley’s London office. “With his strong presence in the international equity space and reputation as a top US securities lawyer, David will help us continue to build on the firm’s global momentum, including our recent expansions in Hong Kong and Singapore.”
Boles’ practice is pan-European – he has advised on initial public offerings and follow-on offerings on most major European exchanges. A trusted counsel to issuers and investment banks, his extensive list of high-value transactions spans a wide range of industries. Boles is also one of a small number of US-qualified securities lawyers in the London market advising foreign private issuers listing and raising capital on Nasdaq and the NYSE.
“I’m proud to join Cooley’s globally acclaimed capital markets practice,” said Boles. “The firm is already a market leader with both issuers and investment banks for UK and European companies listing in the US. I am eager to build upon that by working closely and collaboratively with my new colleagues in London and around the world.”
Boles, who is admitted to practice in New York, is also licensed in England and Wales as a registered foreign lawyer. He graduated from Rice University and earned his JD from the Duke University School of Law. He is recognized as a leading lawyer for equity capital markets by a number of esteemed directories, including the UK editions of Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
Boles joins a capital markets practice that has consistently earned elite rankings and acclaim. Cooley has been the #1 law firm advising companies going public across all industries since 2014 and the #1 law firm for all VC-backed IPOs across all industries for 15+ years, according to IPO Vital Signs and PitchBook. Moreover, Cooley is one of the top firms working on global capital markets transactions for non-US issuers, including being among the top three US law firms advising on VC-backed IPOs across industries by foreign private issuers since 2016. The firm has been named a Transatlantic Capital Markets Team of the Year by the Transatlantic Legal Awards and this year earned a three-time Capital Markets Practice Group of the Year distinction by Law360. Since launching in London in 2015, Cooley has twice been named London Office of the Year at the British Legal Awards.
About Cooley LLP
Clients partner with Cooley on transformative deals, complex IP and regulatory matters, and high-stakes litigation, where innovation meets the law.
Cooley has 1,100+ lawyers across 16 offices in the United States, Asia and Europe.
More News From LawFuel
- UK Legal Industry Reaches All-Time High in 2019Powered by LawFuel – The UK Legal Industry generated revenues of £37.1bn in 2019, up 4.8% on 2018 – an all-time record, according to data released today by the Office of National Statistics. To put this in context, overall 2019 UK Services Industries turnover was £2.3tn, up 3.5%. Legal Industry Activity Looking at activity specifically … Read more
- Cooley Add Capital Markets Lawyer From Latham & WatkinsPowered by LawFuel – London – – Capital markets lawyer David Boles has joined Cooley as a partner based in the firm’s London office. Boles arrives from Latham & Watkins, where he was a partner alongside recent Cooley London arrival Claire Keast-Butler. “David’s market-leading credentials and more than 15 years of experience make him a formidable … Read more
- Clifford Chance listed 19th in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers List for 2020Powered by LawFuel – International law firm Clifford Chance has been ranked 19th in this year's Stonewall Top 100 Employers List for 2020 – the sixth highest law firm in the list. Now in its 16th year, the list celebrates the pioneering efforts and commitments of leading organisations to LGBT workplace inclusion. This year's list, which … Read more
- Latham & Watkins Target More Law Firms To Boost Emerging Companies PracticeLatham & Watkins' London office has continued its hiring spree, targeting two 'mid-market' law firms with new hires. Legal Business report that Taylor Wessing has seen its head of technology, media and communications Mike Turner leave for the US firm alongside Bird & Bird’s corporate partner Shing Lo. Both hires, announced at the end of … Read more
- Partner expulsion case offers lessons to LLP firms and their partnersKingsley Napley – Just before Christmas, the High Court ruled on a dispute regarding the expulsion of a partner from one of the Big Four under the firm’s 2017 LLP Agreement (LLPA). The case Joseph v Deloitte NSE LLP concerned a challenge from David Joseph, a Swiss-based partner at Deloitte, to a decision by the firm to … Read more
- The Million Pound Lawyer – Founder of Listed Litigation Law Firm Paid to StayThe one thing about law firms listed on the stock exchange is that they are like any other listed company in their need to retain talent. In the case of Rosenblatt plc, founder Ian Rosenblatt is the main talent and the man who has received a one-off £1m payment to prevent his departure from the … Read more
- Law Brief: Linklaters Competition Outlook for 2020Image: NYLawJournal.com The world is changing. The move towards a more digital economy has been rapid. People are starting to think more urgently about climate change and the importance of sustainability, and the notion of “consumer welfare” is evolving. All while the benefits of free trade are being deeply questioned. The spotlight is firmly on … Read more
- Two Freshfields partners take silkPowered by LawFuel – Partners Nigel Blackaby and Noah Rubins from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (‘Freshfields’) have been appointed Queen's Counsel by Her Majesty The Queen on the advice of the Lord Chancellor, Robert Buckland QC MP, following consideration by the independent Queen's Counsel Selection Panel. The award of Queen's Counsel (also known as silk) is … Read more
- London-Based Mischon de Reya Leaves the Big AppleLeading UK law firm Mischon de Reya is closing its New York office, established since 2010, saying it was no longer consistent with the firm's London business. The tough New York market has more lawyers than any in the United States, but also has a highly lucrative legal industry worth an estimated $430bn in the … Read more