Powered by LawFuel – London – – Capital markets lawyer David Boles has joined Cooley as a partner based in the firm’s London office. Boles arrives from Latham & Watkins, where he was a partner alongside recent Cooley London arrival Claire Keast-Butler.
“David’s market-leading credentials and more than 15 years of experience make him a formidable addition to our elite capital markets practice,” said Justin Stock, managing partner of Cooley’s London office. “With his strong presence in the international equity space and reputation as a top US securities lawyer, David will help us continue to build on the firm’s global momentum, including our recent expansions in Hong Kong and Singapore.”
Boles’ practice is pan-European – he has advised on initial public offerings and follow-on offerings on most major European exchanges. A trusted counsel to issuers and investment banks, his extensive list of high-value transactions spans a wide range of industries. Boles is also one of a small number of US-qualified securities lawyers in the London market advising foreign private issuers listing and raising capital on Nasdaq and the NYSE.
“I’m proud to join Cooley’s globally acclaimed capital markets practice,” said Boles. “The firm is already a market leader with both issuers and investment banks for UK and European companies listing in the US. I am eager to build upon that by working closely and collaboratively with my new colleagues in London and around the world.”
Boles, who is admitted to practice in New York, is also licensed in England and Wales as a registered foreign lawyer. He graduated from Rice University and earned his JD from the Duke University School of Law. He is recognized as a leading lawyer for equity capital markets by a number of esteemed directories, including the UK editions of Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
Boles joins a capital markets practice that has consistently earned elite rankings and acclaim. Cooley has been the #1 law firm advising companies going public across all industries since 2014 and the #1 law firm for all VC-backed IPOs across all industries for 15+ years, according to IPO Vital Signs and PitchBook. Moreover, Cooley is one of the top firms working on global capital markets transactions for non-US issuers, including being among the top three US law firms advising on VC-backed IPOs across industries by foreign private issuers since 2016. The firm has been named a Transatlantic Capital Markets Team of the Year by the Transatlantic Legal Awards and this year earned a three-time Capital Markets Practice Group of the Year distinction by Law360. Since launching in London in 2015, Cooley has twice been named London Office of the Year at the British Legal Awards.
About Cooley LLP
Clients partner with Cooley on transformative deals, complex IP and regulatory matters, and high-stakes litigation, where innovation meets the law.
Cooley has 1,100+ lawyers across 16 offices in the United States, Asia and Europe.
More News From LawFuel
- How One Big Law Firm Is Working To Contain Coronavirus Financial Fallout10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Law firms are scrambling to hold costs and overheads in any way they can, including eyeing employment changes and payment distributions. One firm that has attempted to avoid taking the coronavirus financial hit is Allen & Overy who have taken a bunch of measures they […]
- David Lat Awaits Discharge From Hospital After Life-Threatening Coronavirus Treatment10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score David Lat, founder of the AbovetheLaw legal blog, realizes his lucky escape from the severe coronavirus infection and his ability to donate blood for research into the virus. Just under two weeks ago he was receiving oxygen and afraid for the worse, being rendered unconscious […]
- Another “Name-on-the-Door” Partner Out at Imploding Pierce Bainbridge Law Firm10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Dan Garner – Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP, previously self-proclaimed as the “Fastest Growing Law Firm in the History of the World,” is in an unprecedented free-fall. The latest news is that name partner Carolynn K. Beck, who served as the firm’s General […]
- Barristers Seeking Government Help During Pandemic10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Junior barristers are suffering from the current pandemic in multiple jurisdictions. In the UK there has been strong criticism of the government’s package to support self-employed individuals and in New South Wales barristers are seeking urgent support. The UK junior barristers have written an open […]
- Russell McVeagh Promotes Property & Consruction Lawyer to Partner10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – Property and construction expert Caleb Hensman has joined the Russell McVeagh partnership. Caleb started at the firm as a solicitor in 2011, and following a stint overseas, progressed to the role of senior solicitor in June 2015 and senior associate in December 2017. In that time, Caleb […]
- Big Law Can Hit The Layoff Button As The Coronavirus Pandemic Bites10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score The coronavirus has bitten the revenues and bottom lines for Big Law firms as a range of practices take major measures to reduce the impact of the pandemic on revenues and profits and the prospects of layoffs rises. Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft has cut compensation […]
- IRS Warn of Coronavirus Scam10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Beware of scammers trying to get your personal informationor your COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment! The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will begin to distribute COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments in a matter of weeks. For most Americans, this will be a direct deposit into your bank account. […]
- Working From Home Has Its Challenges… Small Things Employers Can Do to Help10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score By Rebecca Hudson What’s the Problem: My daycare and commuting circumstances have changed and I would like to make changes to my cafeteria plan elections. Am I permitted to revoke or change my elections midyear? Answer: At this time, you may be eligible to make changes to your […]
- Smart Search launches dedicated anti-money laundering service for businesses adapting to remote working10 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Experts advise businesses to invest in automated AML platforms as workforces and customers move to work from home Powered by LawFuel – As the nation adapts to remote working for the foreseeable future, anti-money laundering service, Smart Search, has announced the launch of dedicated cover […]