Powered by LawFuel – London – – Capital markets lawyer David Boles has joined Cooley as a partner based in the firm’s London office. Boles arrives from Latham & Watkins, where he was a partner alongside recent Cooley London arrival Claire Keast-Butler.
“David’s market-leading credentials and more than 15 years of experience make him a formidable addition to our elite capital markets practice,” said Justin Stock, managing partner of Cooley’s London office. “With his strong presence in the international equity space and reputation as a top US securities lawyer, David will help us continue to build on the firm’s global momentum, including our recent expansions in Hong Kong and Singapore.”
Boles’ practice is pan-European – he has advised on initial public offerings and follow-on offerings on most major European exchanges. A trusted counsel to issuers and investment banks, his extensive list of high-value transactions spans a wide range of industries. Boles is also one of a small number of US-qualified securities lawyers in the London market advising foreign private issuers listing and raising capital on Nasdaq and the NYSE.
“I’m proud to join Cooley’s globally acclaimed capital markets practice,” said Boles. “The firm is already a market leader with both issuers and investment banks for UK and European companies listing in the US. I am eager to build upon that by working closely and collaboratively with my new colleagues in London and around the world.”
Boles, who is admitted to practice in New York, is also licensed in England and Wales as a registered foreign lawyer. He graduated from Rice University and earned his JD from the Duke University School of Law. He is recognized as a leading lawyer for equity capital markets by a number of esteemed directories, including the UK editions of Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
Boles joins a capital markets practice that has consistently earned elite rankings and acclaim. Cooley has been the #1 law firm advising companies going public across all industries since 2014 and the #1 law firm for all VC-backed IPOs across all industries for 15+ years, according to IPO Vital Signs and PitchBook. Moreover, Cooley is one of the top firms working on global capital markets transactions for non-US issuers, including being among the top three US law firms advising on VC-backed IPOs across industries by foreign private issuers since 2016. The firm has been named a Transatlantic Capital Markets Team of the Year by the Transatlantic Legal Awards and this year earned a three-time Capital Markets Practice Group of the Year distinction by Law360. Since launching in London in 2015, Cooley has twice been named London Office of the Year at the British Legal Awards.
About Cooley LLP
Clients partner with Cooley on transformative deals, complex IP and regulatory matters, and high-stakes litigation, where innovation meets the law.
Cooley has 1,100+ lawyers across 16 offices in the United States, Asia and Europe.
More News From LawFuel
- Bullying At The Bar – The ‘Culture of Fear’ That Pervades The Legal InstitutionJenna Shay – The English Bar has long been regarded as as bastion of some of the brightest lawyers in the country, but no more, it would seem. Instead, a recent report referred to the ‘culture of fear’ at the bar and the bullying and harassment that occurs. A new report from the UK Bar […]
- White & Case Promote 40 New Partners GloballyWhite & Case LLP has promoted 40 lawyers around the world to its partnership. The promotions are effective on January 1, 2021 and represent 11 of the Firm’s global practices and 17 locations. “Our new partners have shown consistent and longstanding dedication to their clients and to our Firm,” said White & Case Chair Hugh […]
- Remote Working See Chance Of London Legal Salaries FallingReports in London indicate that salaries in the high-paying London legal world, including the much-vaunted Magic Circle law firms, could fall as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic and remote working. Several senior law firm partners are suggesting that paying remote workers hardly requires the high-paying salaries given that they are working remotely. In June […]
- Boris’s Lefty Lawyer Taunt Sees Twitter Tangle From Junior & Senior Lawyers AlikeUK lawyers have come out swinging about Boris Johnson’s comments to the virtual Conservative Party conference where he said “lefty human rights lawyers” who he claimed were hampering the criminal justice system Responding to the prime minister’s address to the party’s virtual conference on Tuesday, lawyers condemned his comments as going even further than those made by […]
- Skadden’s $5 Million Top Gun Law Star HireThe value of top-end lawyers has been demonstrated again with the recent hire by Skaddens of former Freshfields’ M&A star The lawyer, Bruce Embley, was hired for a reported $5 million according to reports from American Lawyer, who have reported what insiders have told the law news service. Embley has spent most of his career […]
- Freshfields Joins Slim Ranks of Big Law Firm Female Leaders As Gender Diversity Moves Slowly GrowDan Garner – Female law firm leadership ranks are growing – albeit slowly – but in the London law scene the first of the Magic Circle law firms to appont a woman to the top leadership role has been Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP who have appointed Georgia Dawson as Senior Partner. Dawson is currently Asia’s […]
- Eversheds Sutherland announces two new Global Co-Chairs of its International Arbitration Practice(September 22, 2020) – Eversheds Sutherland has announced a new leadership team for its global International Arbitration Practice, which will be co-lead by partners Jonathan Leach and Meriam Nazih Al-Rashid. Jonathan and Meriam have been appointed to the role of Global Co-Chairs of the International Arbitration Practice with immediate effect. The Practice is a long standing world-leader […]
- UK TEST CASE PAVES WAY FOR COVID-19 INSURANCE PAYOUTS IN AUSTRALIAThe recent decision in the UK test case on business interruption insurance coverage related to Covid-19 may give an indication on how similar cases in Australia will play out, according to leading law firm Herbert Smith Freehills. The UK Financial Conduct Authority brought the case on behalf of policyholders and was represented by Herbert Smith […]
- Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2021 recognizes 41 Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer lawyersThe number of lawyers at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (‘Freshfields’) recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2021 has increased from 35 in 2020 to an impressive 41 in 2021. Among the Freshfields arbitration lawyers, 20 were recognized as “Thought Leaders” and 21 as “Future Leaders” in international arbitration. Below is the full list of lawyers recognized by Who’s […]