Powered by LawFuel – London – – Capital markets lawyer David Boles has joined Cooley as a partner based in the firm’s London office. Boles arrives from Latham & Watkins, where he was a partner alongside recent Cooley London arrival Claire Keast-Butler.
“David’s market-leading credentials and more than 15 years of experience make him a formidable addition to our elite capital markets practice,” said Justin Stock, managing partner of Cooley’s London office. “With his strong presence in the international equity space and reputation as a top US securities lawyer, David will help us continue to build on the firm’s global momentum, including our recent expansions in Hong Kong and Singapore.”
Boles’ practice is pan-European – he has advised on initial public offerings and follow-on offerings on most major European exchanges. A trusted counsel to issuers and investment banks, his extensive list of high-value transactions spans a wide range of industries. Boles is also one of a small number of US-qualified securities lawyers in the London market advising foreign private issuers listing and raising capital on Nasdaq and the NYSE.
“I’m proud to join Cooley’s globally acclaimed capital markets practice,” said Boles. “The firm is already a market leader with both issuers and investment banks for UK and European companies listing in the US. I am eager to build upon that by working closely and collaboratively with my new colleagues in London and around the world.”
Boles, who is admitted to practice in New York, is also licensed in England and Wales as a registered foreign lawyer. He graduated from Rice University and earned his JD from the Duke University School of Law. He is recognized as a leading lawyer for equity capital markets by a number of esteemed directories, including the UK editions of Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
Boles joins a capital markets practice that has consistently earned elite rankings and acclaim. Cooley has been the #1 law firm advising companies going public across all industries since 2014 and the #1 law firm for all VC-backed IPOs across all industries for 15+ years, according to IPO Vital Signs and PitchBook. Moreover, Cooley is one of the top firms working on global capital markets transactions for non-US issuers, including being among the top three US law firms advising on VC-backed IPOs across industries by foreign private issuers since 2016. The firm has been named a Transatlantic Capital Markets Team of the Year by the Transatlantic Legal Awards and this year earned a three-time Capital Markets Practice Group of the Year distinction by Law360. Since launching in London in 2015, Cooley has twice been named London Office of the Year at the British Legal Awards.
About Cooley LLP
Clients partner with Cooley on transformative deals, complex IP and regulatory matters, and high-stakes litigation, where innovation meets the law.
Cooley has 1,100+ lawyers across 16 offices in the United States, Asia and Europe.
More News From LawFuel
- UK Law Survey Shows COVID-19 Widens Gap Between City and Regional Law FirmsThe pandemic has created major changes and, in some cases, opportunities for the legal profession, but a UK survey indicates the gap between city and regional firms has grown The survey from Crowe showed a six per cent growth during the pandemic for the UK legal profession, but 40 per cent of law firms outside […] More
- What Happens When Partners Must Compulsorily Retire? UK Court Decision Examines The IssueFox & Partners – The Court of Appeal’s judgment in Joseph v Deloitte NSE LLP  EWCA Civ 1457 is a lesson in the importance of properly construing and strictly following the terms of a partnership agreement. The implications for partners, but also firms in relation to their decision-making processes, particularly in light of the pandemic, are […] More
- Linklaters Set To Join The Ranks Of The Female Law Firm LeadersThree candidates left in the race to succeed Charlie Jacobs as Linklaters’ senior partner It looks like Magic Circle law firm Linklaters could shortly have a woman senior partner as the trend towards female lawyers heading major law firms continues. Linklaters have seen the departure of the only male contender for the top role for […] More
- Fox-Batting Barrister Blacklisted, He SaysLondon Barrister Jolyon Maugham hit the social media headlines for killing a fox with a baseball bat over a year ago. At least one big law firm hasn’t forgotten. It’s a ‘shocking abuse of power’, he says. Jolyon Maugham is a director of the Good Law Project, and claims that ‘Magic Circle’ law firm Allen & […] More
- Armstrong Teasdale Adds 50 Lawyers With London Law AcquistionArmstrong Teasdale proudly announces the acquisition of London firm Kerman & Co., effective Feb. 5, 2021. The addition of over 50 lawyers and staff bolsters Armstrong Teasdale’s roster to over 340 lawyers and over 300 staff professionals around the world. “We have long served clients around the world, and now we’re in a position to […] More
- Freshfields hires team of machine learning expertsFreshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has further strengthened its expertise in legal tech, hiring Adriaan Schakel, Moritz Biersack, Fillipe Galiza and Ramesh Kumar in January 2021. Part of the firm’s Global Technology & Innovation team, they are located in the Berlin and Munich offices. All of the new hires are proven specialists in machine learning and were […] More
- Hogan Lovells Boosts London Litigation and Corporate Practices With New HiresLondon, Washington, D.C., 5 February – Global law firm Hogan Lovells has announced a series of strategic hires today, boosting its corporate and litigation capabilities in London. Patrick Sarch will be joining as a partner and will co-head the London M&A practice alongside Ben Higson. He joins from White & Case where he was co-lead […] More
- Hogan Lovells boosts London office with senior corporate and litigation hiresLondon, Washington, D.C., 5 February – Global law firm Hogan Lovells has announced a series of strategic hires today, boosting its corporate and litigation capabilities in London. Patrick Sarch will be joining as a partner and will co-head the London M&A practice alongside Ben Higson. He joins from White & Case where he was co-lead […] More
- Simpson Thacher Continue To Boost London Law Practice With Eyes on European ExpansionSimpson Thacher & Bartlett has hired senior lawyers from Freshfields and Kirkland & Ellis to build its European restructuring practice in London. Adam Gallagher and James Watson join as partners from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Kirkland & Ellis respectively with Simpson Thacher betting on more distressed companies seeking legal help following the pandemic, Brexit and […] More