DALLAS -LAWFUEL – Haynes and Boone, LLP has named 10 attorneys from three of its offices as firm partners effective this year.
“This is an extraordinary and diverse group of men and women who have demonstrated the high caliber of professionalism for which Haynes and Boone has become known,” said managing partner Robert Wilson. “Each of them is imbued with unique qualities that will serve our clients well.”
Six of the new partners work in the Dallas office. They are:
• William Bruce Newsome – Mr. Newsome is a member of the Corporate/Securities Practice Group representing and advising publicly traded and private companies.
• Purvi J. Patel – Ms. Patel specializes in trademark and copyright law, focusing on brand management, including the procurement, protection, enforcement and management of domestic and international trademark portfolios.
• David M. Shinnick — Mr. Shinnick has extensive experience in assisting clients with complex commercial real estate transactions including acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of retail, office, multifamily, condominium and industrial projects.
• Sarah R. Teachout – Ms. Teachout is a member of the Antitrust and White Collar Criminal Defense Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in the defense of corporations and individual clients in federal criminal proceedings and has represented clients in a variety of antitrust, environmental and complex business litigation.
• Craig S. Unterberg – Mr. Unterberg represents borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured commercial lending transactions, including syndicated financings, and mergers and acquisition financings.
• Susan A. Wetzel – Ms. Wetzel focuses her practice in the areas of executive compensation, health and welfare plans, retirement plans and health law. She is co-chair of the Mergers and Acquisitions Subcommittee of the American Bar Association Section of Taxation Employee Benefits Committee
Three of the new partners are based in Houston:
• Kenneth V. Herz – Mr. Herz is a member of the Haynes and Boone Financial Transactions Group who concentrates his practice in the representation of banks and other financial institutions.
• William B. Nelson – Mr. Nelson’s practice centers on corporate securities law, including public offerings and private financings, acquisitions, mergers, monetization transactions, securities law compliance and corporate governance.
• Mark Trachtenberg – Mr. Trachtenberg is one of the country’s leading authorities on school finance litigation. An appellate lawyer, he was the principal architect of the legal strategy from the trial court through the Texas Supreme Court in a successful challenge to the constitutionality of the Texas school finance system.
Finally, David J. Drez III of the Fort Worth office has been named partner in the firm’s Business Litigation Practice Group. He has represented clients engaged in a variety of industries and has litigation experience in commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts in Texas and around the country.
Haynes and Boone, LLP is an international corporate law firm with offices in Texas, New York, Washington, D.C., Mexico City and Moscow, providing a full spectrum of legal services. With more than 450 attorneys, Haynes and Boone is ranked among the largest law firms in the nation by The National Law Journal. The firm has been recognized by Vault.com as one of the “20 Best Law Firms to Work For,” by Corporate Board Member Magazine as one of the “Best Corporate Law Firms in America,” and has received the Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s Thomas L. Sager Award for its commitment to diversity.