Leading entertainment lawyer Tom Pollock, who counted Star Wars creator George Lucas among his clients, has died this week.
Pollock started the entertainment law firm Pollock, Rigrod, and Bloom in 1970 and apart from George Lucas on his client list he was also involved in the negotiations for the “Indiana Jones” and “Superman” franchises for the firm, which had become Pollock, Bloom and Dekom.
Pollock left his law firm in 1986 and became executive vice president of MCA Inc. and chairman of its Motion Picture Group, Universal Pictures. He oversaw “Jurassic Park,” the “Back to the Future” trilogy, “Do the Right Thing,” “Fried Green Tomatoes,” “Cape Fear,” “Parenthood,” “Kindergarten Cop,” Oscar best picture winner “Schindler’s List,” “Field of Dreams,” “Born on the Fourth of July,” “Apollo 13” and “Babe.”
“We are incredibly saddened by the loss of Tom Pollock,” said NBCUniversal vice chairman Ron Meyer in a statement. “He played a critical role in securing our studio’s legacy, and was an extraordinary executive, influential attorney, and a dear friend to so many of us. We will forever feel his impact on our company and within our industry. On behalf of everyone at Universal, we send our deepest condolences to his family and honor his extraordinary accomplishments.”
Read More at LawFuel
- Trump Lawyer’s Alleged Harassment From Big Law KirklandsA Philadelphia lawyer running her own firm and representing Donald Trump’s campaign has complained […]
- The Various ‘Firsts’ Achieved By Kamala Harris’s Lawyer HusbandThe husband of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, will sever ties with DLA Piper by […]
- The Attorney Holding Up A Smooth Trump TransitionThere would not be many people who have heard of Emily Murphy before the […]
- Una’s Joyless Day: Crown Law & Solicitor General Attacked Over Abuse ClaimsThe Solicitor General, Una Jagose QC and Crown Law came under vociferous attack during […]
- One Key Election Promise Trump Is Keeping: Bring On The Lawyers And Challenge The Postal VotesTrue to his word, Donald Trump is taking the election to court as Joe […]
- The QCs Who Handed Eric Watson His HeadThe Bitter Legal Fight That Consumed Millions And Sent Eric Watson to Pentonville Prison […]