DLA Piper represented NFP, a leading insurance broker and consultant that provides property and casualty (P&C), corporate benefits, retirement and individual solutions, in its recent acquisition of Rose & Kiernan, Inc.
Founded in 1869, Rose & Kiernan is a multidisciplinary insurance broker based in Albany, New York, with sophisticated capabilities in P&C, surety and employee benefits. The firm provides a variety of solutions – including insurance, employee benefits and risk management – to businesses, individuals and public and private organizations primarily in New York and New England.
“Our understanding of the legal issues impacting the insurance sector, coupled with our experience handling complex M&A transactions, allowed us to advise NFP in this transaction, which will enable NFP to expand its middle-market capabilities and position it well for future growth,” said Gabriel Gershowitz, who led DLA Piper’s deal team along with Jonathan Klein and Wenhong You.
In addition to Gershowitz, Klein and You (all of New York), the DLA Piper team representing NFP included partners Brian Kaplan, Drew Young, Naftali Dembitzer, Jeffrey Salinger, Evan Parness (all of New York), Mark Muedeking, Jennifer Kashatus (both of Washington, DC), Richard Ashley (Chicago) and William Bartow (Philadelphia); of counsel Gerald Shepherd (New York), Nicole Zayac (San Francisco) and Nia Brown (Washington, DC); managing attorney Marco Berrios (Chicago); and associates Britt Hamilton, Edward Rooker, Joy Cheng, Tali Panken (all of New York), Jason Veit (Chicago) and Priya Narahari (Philadelphia).
With more than 1,000 corporate lawyers globally, DLA Piper helps clients execute complex cross-border transactions seamlessly while supporting clients across all stages of development. The firm has been rated number one in global M&A volume for ten consecutive years, according to Mergermarket.
DLA Piper’s Insurance sector offers a full range of insurance services, including transactional, regulatory, commercial dispute resolution, claims, competition, restructuring and emergency response. The firm represents both startups and established multinational life and non-life (re)insurers, Lloyd’s entities, intermediaries, banks, capital providers (including hedge funds, private equity funds and venture capital funds), regulators and other insurance industry participants.
- World’s Largest Law Firm Growth Conference Taking Place June 24-25Two-day virtual EVOLVE Summit from Crisp Video to feature robust lineup of disruptive leaders including Seth Godin, Michael Lemonis, Judy Smith and many others ATLANTA, April 22, 2021 […] More
- TikTok Sued Over Alleged Illicit Collection From Child UsersFormer children’s commissioner for England launches case against video-sharing app Video-sharing app TikTok is being sued in an action commenced by a former children’s commissioner for England […] More
- ISIS New York Subway Bomber Gets Life Imprisonment“Ullah’s motive was clear and unambiguous: a deeply held ideological hatred for America.” Audrey Strauss, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, John C. […] More
- Listed UK Law Firms Action Continues as Legal Services Company Acquires Specialist Law FirmThe bounce-back and resilience of the listed law firms continues in the UK The UK listed law firms’ action continues as UK legal services company RBG Holdings […] More
- Described As ‘Over The Hill’ Criminal Barrister Wins Defamation Case Against Daily TelegraphSeventy-two year old Sydney criminal barrister Chris Murphy was described in a Daily Telegraph article as being ‘over the hill’ and ‘too old and deaf’ to properly […] More