DLA Piper’s Holly R. Lake named Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year by Century City Bar Association
March 3, 2020 – The Century City Bar Association has named DLA Piper partner Holly R. Lake its Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year. She will receive the award at the association’s annual banquet on May 6, 2020, in Los Angeles.
Lake represents both private and public employers in all aspects of employment law and related litigation, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, and wage-and-hour matters. A 20-year legal industry veteran, she has extensive experience leading legal teams on large-scale class and collective actions, employment-related investigations and compliance audits.
She is also actively involved in the community, including serving as a mentor for South Central Scholars Noonan Scholars, an organization whose mission is to help high-achieving, low-income underrepresented students get into and graduate from top colleges and achieve their full career potential. Lake is on the board of directors of Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties.
Recent News from LawFuel
- Litify Named by LawFuel, the Industry-Leading Legal Publication, as #1 in Practice Management Software for Law Firms, In-House Counsel, Government Entities and NonprofitsPrestigious “top pick” ranking follows a year of explosive growth for Litify across law […] More
- ‘Cutting Edge’ Cryptocurrency Scheme Just Fake, Says US Attorney As Executive Gets 8 Years JailIlan T. Graff, the Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by […] More
- “Tremendously Talented” Former Cravath Partner Johnny Skumpija Joins SidleySidley Austin has taken on high profile former Cravath Capital Markets lawyer Johnny Skumpija […] More
- Legal Tech News: Leading AI Legal Platform Adopted By Portugese Law FirmLuminance’s ‘Diligence’ legal tech platform is used by the law firm for M&A due […] More
- Lowenstein Sandler Grows Tax Practice With New York AdditionsSupport Independent Law News Edmund S. Cohen, Rachel Ingwer, and Scott Malone have joined Lowenstein Sandler’s Tax practice. Cohen and […] More
- Former SEC Governance Counsel Joins Sidley in Washington DCWashington, D.C. – Sidley Austin LLP is pleased to announce that Sonia Barros has joined the […] More
- Law Enforcement Agent Arrested For Alleged Bribery SchemeLOS ANGELES – Federal authorities this morning arrested a former special agent with Homeland Security […] More
- Schiff Hardin Elects New Managing PartnerCHICAGO, February 26, 2021 –Schiff Hardin LLP is pleased to announce the election of […] More