September 8, 2020 – DLA Piper is pleased to announce that it has once again been named one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother.
For the ninth year, DLA Piper was recognized for its success in hiring, retaining and promoting women; its commitment to providing flexible work arrangements; and its initiatives that enhance the advancement of women in law.
“It is an honor to once again be included on Working Mother’s list of the top firms for women,” said Kathleen Ruhland, chair of DLA Piper’s Leadership Alliance for Women (LAW). “Enabling the advancement of our women lawyers through opportunities for leadership, as well as creating a culture of diversity and inclusion, empowers our women lawyers to succeed in both their professional goals and personal goals. Many women lawyers have leadership roles within the firm’s organization and also lead significant client matters for some of our largest clients.”
LAW is focused on advancing women lawyers through internal networking, developing leadership skills and creating business development opportunities.
“We believe that initiatives and programs like LAW that provide resources to women lawyers to help them navigate challenges, take on leadership roles and flourish in a large law firm environment are vital to the ongoing success of the legal industry as a whole,” said Jackie Park, co-US managing partner of DLA Piper. “We are continually looking for ways to make our firm culture more inclusive, as this translates to improved service for clients and a better working environment for every member of our team.”
The firm will accept the award during the upcoming Best Law Firms for Women virtual event on September 22, at which Jackie Park will speak on a panel featuring several women law firm leaders who will share their “significant, interesting and unique” stories.
- Baker + McKenzie Announce New Global COOBaker McKenzie is delighted to announce the appointment of Kate Stonestreet as our new Global Chief Operating Officer. In her new role, Kate will […] More
- Perkins Coie Cannabis Law Addition – Director of Public Policy for National Cannabis Industry Association Joins FirmDENVER (January 12, 2021) – Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that Andrew J. Kline has joined the firm in Denver as a senior […] More
- London Real Estate Lawyer Joins Gibson Dunn From Herbert Smith FreehillsGibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP is pleased to announce that Robert Carr will join the firm as a partner in the London […] More
- Former New York City Bar Association Diversity and Inclusion Director Deborah Martin Owens Joins SidleyQUOTE – Martin Owens “Sidley has such a rich history and commitment to diversity, it was an easy decision to join this […] More
- NASA Scientist Guilty Of Failure To Disclose Involvement in Chinese Program & ProfessorshipAudrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York (“USAO”), William F. Sweeney Jr., Assistant Director-in-Charge of […] More
- Former CEO of Real Estate Private Equity Firm Charged with Securities FraudAudrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and William F. Sweeney Jr., the Assistant Director-in-Charge of […] More
- Bracewell Adds Renewable Energy Trio in LondonLONDON, Jan. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Bracewell (UK) LLP announced today that Tom Jamieson, Jo En Low and Gordon Stewart have joined the London office as partners in the firm’s global energy practice. […] More
Get LawFuel Power News Weekly
Subscribe to get our top news weekly