Firm lauded for its technical expertise and ability to create new structures
New York (May 4, 2007) – LAWFUEL – The Law Newswire – For the second year in a row, Morrison & Foerster has been recognized for its leadership in complex financial products and named “Law Firm of the Year, Americas” by Structured Products magazine.
The firm was singled out for its development of innovative financial products, hybrid securities and structured notes. “With more than 1,200 lawyers, Morrison & Foerster is one of the biggest law firms in the world, and it continues to play a leading role in the growth of the North American structured products market,” noted the editors.
The award was presented on May 3rd in Miami.
“To be recognized for our expertise by one of the leading publications in the field is truly an honor and acknowledges the success our Capital Markets and Tax practices have enjoyed over the past several years,” said Morrison & Foerster Chair Keith Wetmore.
Working with its clients, the firm has introduced several new structured products, including transactions incorporating credit default swaps that reference notes linked to hedge fund interests; structured notes linked to equities, indices and other reference assets, such as commodities and commodity indices; embedded credit default swaps that reference traded credit default swap indexes; hybrid securities, including Tier 1/D basket products; DRD and other hybrid securities; and a variety of new derivatives products.
“We’re thrilled to once again be selected as law firm of the year by Structured Products magazine,” said Morrison & Foerster’s James R. Tanenbaum, who heads the Capital Markets practice. “Once again, this award reflects the creativity of our clients and the market’s recognition of their ingenuity.”
Structured Products, published by Incisive Media Ltd., is a monthly magazine dedicated to the wholesale market for derivatives-based investment products. It covers the fast-growing market for guaranteed equity products, structured notes, index products, alternative investments and funds of funds. It crosses equity, fixed income, commodity-linked and other sectors.
About Morrison & Foerster
With more than one thousand lawyers in nineteen offices around the world, Morrison & Foerster offers clients comprehensive, global legal services in business and litigation. The firm is distinguished by its unsurpassed expertise in finance, life sciences, and technology, its legendary litigation skills, and an unrivaled reach across the Pacific Rim, particularly in Japan and China. We have one compelling mission: to deliver success for our clients.
· Top 25 IPO law firms by IPO Vital Signs Q2 2005
· Top 12 legal advisors on U.S. M&A deals for 2006 YTD – Mergerstat
· Ranked on The American Lawyer’s Corporate Scorecard 2006: # 7 REIT Debt Issuer’s Counsel; # 15 Equities by US Corporations, Underwriter’s Counsel (excluding IPOs); # 15 Investment-Grade Debt, Underwriter’s Counsel.
· Leading law firm in the U.S. for Intellectual Property/Life Sciences – PLC Which Lawyer? 2006 survey
· One of the top litigation practices in the country – The American Lawyer 2004 survey
· # 1 for diversity among all U.S. law firms for the last four years – Vault.com
· “100 Best Companies to Work For” – FORTUNE’s 2005 list
· The American Lawyer “A” list 2005List your legal jobs on the LawFuel Network