Powered by LawFuel – After 15 years working abroad, litigation expert Kirsten Massey has been welcomed back to Russell McVeagh as the firm’s newest partner.
Kirsten spent her time overseas working at international law firm Herbert Smith Freehills in London, where she made partner 10 years ago. Before she moved to London in 2004, Kirsten was an associate in Russell McVeagh’s litigation team.
“With specialist knowledge in commercial litigation, class actions, and professional negligence disputes, Kirsten’s international experience will provide our clients with further expertise in sectors such as banking and finance and professional services,” Russell McVeagh Board Chair Malcolm Crotty says. “We are delighted to have her on board.”
Kirsten has been involved in some of the largest cases in the Commercial Court of England and Wales in recent years. She played an instrumental role in achieving a historic settlement for Royal Bank of Scotland on its landmark shareholder rights issue litigation, following the near collapse and government bailout of the bank in October 2008, for which she was recognised on The Lawyer’s Hot 100 list. Most recently, she has advised TSB following its well-publicised IT issues, conducted an investigation for Ted Baker into allegations of misconduct by its CEO, and been involved in several significant professional negligence cases, defending accountants and lawyers.
Kirsten says she is excited to be returning to an extremely capable team of litigators and is eager to get stuck in to some of the market-leading cases Russell McVeagh is renowned for.
Recent LawFuel Headlines
- How Many Lawyers Are There In The United States?. . or is the law a dying profession? It may surprise some to know that the United States attorney […] More
- Sharon Osborne Hire’s Hollywood Heavyweight Lawyer Jeremiah Reynolds Following ‘The Talk’ RowSharon Osborne has hired a top gun Hollywood lawyer to represent her after her falling out over The Talk show […] More
- Chapman Tripp Named 2021 Chambers Asia Pacific NZ Law Firm of the YearChapman Tripp has been recognised at the 2021 Chambers Asia Pacific Awards as New Zealand Law Firm of the Year. […] More
- Lawyer’s Conduct Amounted to Sexual Harassment, Law Society Committee SaysA Standards Committee has found there was unsatisfactory conduct by a lawyer, L, for conduct amounting to sexual harassment. The […] More
- Wakefields Adds New Lawyers to TeamAmy Webster (Senior Associate) joined the Wakefields Lawyers Team in 2019, specialising in employment law, commercial law, and general dispute […] More
- The $2000-Plus An Hourly Charge Out Rate For Former US Attorney General Eric Holder Reflects Growing Billing RatesHourly charge out rates for lawyers have continued to rise rapidly, but for former US Attorney General, now a partner […] More
- Chapman Tripp – FMA Releases Guidance for fund managers to ensure their fees are reasonableChapman Tripp – Although the statutory obligation not to charge an unreasonable fee is specific to KiwiSaver schemes, the Guidance […] More
- Bell Gully – Access to justice cuts both ways: Class action law reform must ensure that all parties are treated fairlyBell Gully – The Law Commission is currently reviewing class actions and litigation funding, and considering whether reform is needed […] More
- Duncan Cotterill Expands to Queenstown & Secures Major Property ClientDuncan Cotterill has opened a Queenstown office with the acquisition of Mackersy Legal, from the beginning of April. Mackersy Legal […] More
- Social Media Marketing for Lawyers: 12 Key TipsSocial media marketing for lawyers More
- The Asia Pacific Law Firm Hourly Rate Report ReleasedDUBLIN, April 14, 2021 Powered by LawFuel — The “Valeo 2021 Asia Pacific Law Firm Hourly Rate Report” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering. The […] More
- What Fields of Law Make the Most Money Today? The 6 Existing and Emerging Fields Of Law Offering Big Fees for LawyersIt’s a simple question to ask which are the best fields of law for lawyers to work in that offer […] More