Halloran & Sage Products Liability and Risk Management Partner Bruce H. Raymond will be participating as a speaker at the 2004 DRI Joint International Conference in Barcelona, Spain. Mr. Raymond will focus his presentation on the area of Construction Defect Litigation, and will
• Explore the current problems facing the construction and insurance industries in the U.S.;
• Consider the impact of mold, Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA) and other building products;
• Review current insurance issues; and
• Discuss if governmental regulation is the next step
This 1st Joint International Conference is presented by four leading civil defense litigation organizations. It is designed to explore current product liability and insurance/reinsurance issues and discuss global trends and experiences. Historically, liability exposure in one jurisdiction impacts the insurance and reinsurance exposures in others. What is foreign to one jurisdiction today may not be so foreign tomorrow! It is important to stay ahead of the curve.
The global Economy has become smaller because of the impact of the Internet; legal and economic borders have merged, expanded and are interrelated today at a faster pace. Today’s new liability and insurance issues move from one international jurisdiction to another with the click of a mouse. Therefore, it is critically important that product manufacturers and the insurance industry assess and understand what is occurring in the international arena at the earliest possible moment.
Registrants will learn from leading European and U.S. business and insurance executives and their counsel: the differences and similarities among the various legal systems; how past experiences impact future trends; and how to take a proactive approach in preventing or reducing the exposures. Learn what international companies look for and expect in their counsel as many of the participating companies experience new liability claims and difficult insurance coverage issues.
In addition to participating in a cutting edge educational experience, registrants will have an opportunity to network with highly-experienced executives and counsel from both continents during this program.
Who Should Attend:
• European and U.S. corporate representatives of manufacturers, insurers and reinsurers
• Risk managers and corporate counsel with a need to know about new liability exposures and insurance coverage issues
• Outside counsel for manufacturers and insurance/reinsurance companies who need to assess liability and insurance trends
To register online visit www.dri.org. For more information on this topic, contact Bruce Raymond at email@example.com.
Date: May 10-11, 2004
Location: Hotel Arts, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain