The former Chief Executive of CBL Insurance Ltd has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges brought by the Serious Fraud Office.
Peter Allan Harris (64) entered the plea today in the Auckland District Court. Mr Harris faces five charges of ‘Theft by person in special relationship’, two charges of ‘Obtaining by deception’ and a single charge of ‘False accounting’.
Another defendant in the case also entered a not guilty plea during the hearing. The defendant whose name is suppressed has been charged with single counts, respectively, of ‘Theft by person in special relationship’, ‘Obtaining by deception’ and ‘False accounting’.
The charges against both defendants relate to their involvement in CBL Insurance Ltd. The provider of insurance and reinsurance was placed into liquidation in November 2018.
Mr Harris and his co-defendant were remanded on bail to reappear in the Auckland District Court on 30 April.
More News from LawFuel
- Ten ways to protect your business from cybercrimeLaw firms have been subjected to cybercrime attacks and need high preparedness Sydney Kanda – Cybercrime continues to increase and […]
- The QCs Who Handed Eric Watson His HeadThe Bitter Legal Fight That Consumed Millions And Sent Eric Watson to Pentonville Prison The bitter and bitterly expensive legal […]
- Is Stress and Burnout Among Kiwi Lawyers Reducing – New Survey Will TellStress management . . bullying & harassment . . meaningful legal work all considered in survey The College of Law […]
- The Rock ‘n Roll Aussie Tax Lawyer Who Has Cooked Up A Global Tax StormAustralian tax lawyer and rock singer Patrick Flynn, once a quiet suburban lawyer, has been thrust into the forefront of […]
- Russell McVeagh Lifts Profile With Women-in-Business WorkRussell McVeagh has stepped up to assist women entrepreneurs with a new initiative to provide pro bono legal advice. The […]
- How The Disputes Tribunal And Its Referees May Be Upstaging the Courts With Dispensing JusticeThe Disputes Tribunal has been at the forefront of dispute resolution in New Zealand since with around 20,000 disputes being […]
- The LawFuel Gender Survey: New Zealand’s Most Female-Friendly Law Firms in 2020The LawFuel Gender Survey: New Zealand’s Most Female-Friendly Big Law Firms in 2020 Gender equality continues as one of the […]
- Bell Gully Chair Wins Diversity & Inclusion AwardBell Gully chair Anna Buchly has won the 2020 INFINZ Hunter Campbell Diversity and Inclusion award, underpinning the firm’s commitment to providing […]