The former Chief Executive of CBL Insurance Ltd has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges brought by the Serious Fraud Office.
Peter Allan Harris (64) entered the plea today in the Auckland District Court. Mr Harris faces five charges of ‘Theft by person in special relationship’, two charges of ‘Obtaining by deception’ and a single charge of ‘False accounting’.
Another defendant in the case also entered a not guilty plea during the hearing. The defendant whose name is suppressed has been charged with single counts, respectively, of ‘Theft by person in special relationship’, ‘Obtaining by deception’ and ‘False accounting’.
The charges against both defendants relate to their involvement in CBL Insurance Ltd. The provider of insurance and reinsurance was placed into liquidation in November 2018.
Mr Harris and his co-defendant were remanded on bail to reappear in the Auckland District Court on 30 April.
More News from LawFuel
- Working From Home Has Its Challenges… Small Things Employers Can Do to Help6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score By Rebecca Hudson What’s the Problem: My daycare and commuting circumstances have […]
- Smart Search launches dedicated anti-money laundering service for businesses adapting to remote working6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Experts advise businesses to invest in automated AML platforms as […]
- Law Firm Launches Consulting Service To Complement Legal Services6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – International law firm Ashurst has broadened […]
- Promotions To Principals at Todd & Walker6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score TODD & WALKER Law is extremely proud to be able […]
- DWF Growth Slowed By Coronavirus Effect As Shares Slump6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Listed law firm DWF slumped after an announcement (below) announcing […]
- Modern Slavery is A Growing Problem Across the World6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score 4-5.co.nz – Inextricably linked with organised crime groups, it covers […]
- Littler COVID-19 Survey Reveals Top Employer Concerns and Workplace Implications6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – (March 30, 2020) – Littler, the world’s […]
- New Chair at Buddle Findlay as Firm Celebrates 125 Years6 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Powered by LawFuel – Known for her resilience and forward-thinking, […]