Hong Kong: LAWFUEL – Legal News, Legal Jobs Network – International law firm Clifford Chance highlights its commitment to, and growth in, its leading pan-Asian Corporate practice through the recruitment of five more lateral hires in Hong Kong in response to increasing M&A and funds activity across the region.
Roger Denny, regional head of Corporate/M&A, commented:
“The strength of the M&A and funds markets across the region has contributed towards an uplift in activity for our Asia practice. Deal volumes over the course of the year have been very healthy, with the Asia-Pacific region showing an increase in M&A activity of around 35% in the first nine months of the year. The expansion of our practice reflects our continued commitment to the region’s growth and we are delighted to welcome our new team members.”
The five associates working within the Corporate group are as follows:
• Candy Chan (admitted in Hong Kong) previously worked for Woo, Kwan, Lee & Lo and has experience in IPO, M&A and general corporate compliance work.
• Seeyan Lee (admitted in New South Wales, Australia) is a Registered Foreign Lawyer from Corrs Chambers Westgarth in Australia. She has experience in M&A and general corporate practice.
• Vincent Lin (admitted in Taiwan) previously worked for Jones Day, Taiwan before completing his LLM at Columbia University. Vincent will be focusing on M&A work.
• Teresa Leung (admitted in Hong Kong) previously worked as an Audit Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers for seven years before joining JSM as a trainee solicitor in 2002. She has experience in securities and funds related work.
• Eric Poon (admitted in Taiwan and New York) previously worked as a Registered Foreign Lawyer for Baker & McKenzie for four years and has experience in China-related foreign direct investment and M&A related work.