Hong Kong/Singapore: LAWFUEL – The Asia Law Newswire – More Asian business disputes are being resolved by arbitration than ever before, but many companies still struggle to understand the process.
Now, the region’s leading arbitration advisers – Clifford Chance and WongPartnership – are touring Asia in June and July to explain arbitration to business audiences in Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
As well as the firms’ own experts, the seminars will feature speakers from arbitration centres in each city.
“More arbitration cases are now heard in mainland China and Hong Kong than in the traditional Western arbitration institutions,” said Jim Jamison, Head of Clifford Chance’s Asia Arbitration Group.
“International arbitration has also grown over the last decade. In 1985, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) handled nine cases; today, it deals with around 300 cases each year.”
The tour allows Asia’s established arbitration joint venture to share its considerable experience in this area over recent years. “With Clifford Chance’s reputation in North Asia and WongPartnership’s standing in South East Asia, we can offer clients the premier arbitration practice,” said Alvin Yeo, WongPartnership’s senior partner and head of international arbitration.
Notes to editors:
1. You are invited to attend the seminars – a full programme with details of dates, times and venues is attached. Please RSVP using the registration form in the programme.
2. As arbitration cases continue to increase in Asia, Clifford Chance and WongPartnership’s joint venture is well placed to support clients. It offers the largest team of arbitration specialists in Asia and can also draw on the strengths of a 28-office network across the US, Europe and the Middle East.
3. Clifford Chance LLP is the first fully integrated global law firm, with 28 offices in 20 countries*. The firm aims to provide seamless global services to the world’s leading financial institutions and multinational businesses.
4. In Asia, Clifford Chance operates in Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo. With over 400 lawyers in Asia alone, it is one of the largest international firms in the region, enjoying a market leading reputation across a number of practices.
5. WongPartnership was first established in 1992 and has rapidly expanded to become one of the largest law firms in Singapore with over 180 lawyers within a short span of 15 years. Today, WongPartnership has an established footprint overseas, especially around Asia, with a strong focus on international and cross-border work in South-east Asia and North Asia Pacific led by its dedicated China and India Practices.
*includes an associated office in Romania
Tuesday, 26 June 2007 at 3.30pm
Venue: Clifford Chance, 28th Floor, Jardine House, One Connaught Place, Hong Kong
Friday, 29 June 2007 at 3pm
Venue: WongPartnership, 20th Floor, One George Street, #20-01, Singapore
Monday, 2 July 2007 at 3.30pm
Venue: Grand Ballroom II, Peninsula Hotel, 8 Goldfish Lane, Wangfujing, Beijing
Wednesday, 4 July 2007 at 9.30am
Venue: ANA InterContinental Hotel, 12-33 Akasaka 1-chome, Minato-ku 107-0052, Tokyo