Kilpatrick Stockton LLP announced today that 12 of the law firm’s practice areas and 37 of its attorneys are listed among the annual Chambers & Partners guide to America’s Leading Business Lawyers.
Independent research conducted by Chambers & Partners recognizes various practice groups and attorneys of the firm for representing a national client-base on critical and complex cases, both domestically and internationally. The guide also acknowledges the firm for combining legal strengths—such as Antitrust and Intellectual Property, as well as the skills of attorneys across multiple offices—to distinguish its counsel to clients.
The 2004-2005 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers lists the highest-rated practice groups and attorneys in each state, as well as the District of Columbia.
“It’s encouraging to see that Chambers’ rankings and other independent research reveal we’re highly regarded and growing in practice areas and locations important to our clients,” said Bill Brewster, Managing Partner of Kilpatrick Stockton. “Our task is to continue distinguishing our service in key areas, such as our international resources, which were noted in this survey.”
Legal Business Magazine recently ranked Kilpatrick Stockton one of the top 20 largest U.S.- based firms in London. When 120 leading corporations – including the FTSE 100 – were asked which law firms they regularly employ, Kilpatrick Stockton came in fourth of all US law firms in London. Also, in the current issue of another prestigious publication, Best Lawyers of America 2003-2004, Kilpatrick Stockton is ranked in the top six of all U.S. law firms with the number of attorneys listed.
Chambers USA gave the following practice areas its #1 rating:
· Construction: “high-profile work representing high-profile clients.”
· Employment — Defendant: “remarkably good-quality advice – prompt and creative.”
· Intellectual Property: “ahead of their rivals” and recognition for integrating its counsel with related litigation and business teams.
· Employee Benefits: noted for capacity to advise clients on ERISA class action to cross-border matters and individual attorneys’ understanding of the nuances of employee benefits.
Other practice areas where Kilpatrick Stockton was identified among leading firms include:
· Antitrust: recognized for having a “distinctive edge” for its IP prowess.
· Banking & Finance: “firing on all cylinders, whether in the context of banking M&A, regulatory or lending matters.”
· Bankruptcy: acknowledged for cultivating a diverse bankruptcy practice, equally experienced debtors, creditors and trustees.
· Corporate/M&A: noted for a strong international practice that advises public and private corporations on governance, finance and transactional matters.
· Environment: included for its litigation experience and representing clients across the country concerning Federal proceedings, enforcement actions and transactional matters involving air, water and solid waste.
·Litigation: identified for being fast-growing, and its involvement in highly complex litigation and a “myriad of matters” for various public and FORTUNE 500 companies.
· Real Estate: “extremely sharp lawyers who take the view that finding solutions is paramount.”
· Tax: a “core specialization in advising closely-held businesses” and full-spectrum of tax work, including international tax counsel.
Chambers USA also identifies individual lawyers who were acknowledged by their peers and clients. Seven attorneys received a #1 rating for their practice areas. The following Kilpatrick Stockton attorneys were recognized for their note-worthy achievement:
Banking & Finance
· Hilary Jordan
· Alfred Lurey (#1)
· Dennis Meir (#1)
· Todd Meyers
· Joel Piassick
· Paul Rosenblatt
· Brian Corgan
· William Dorris
· Randall Hafer
· Neal Sweeney
· Rey Pascual
· David Stockton
· Elizabeth Wren
· Tess Ferrera (#1)
· Steven Sacher (#1)
· William Boice
· Richard Boisseau
· James Coil
· Penni Bradshaw
· Richard Horder (#1)
· Steven Levitas
· Alan McConnell
· Miles Alexander (#1)
· Anthony Askew (#1)
· Joseph Beck
· William Brewster
· Jim Ewing
· James Johnson
· Jerre Swann
Litigation: General Commercial
· William Boice
· Susan Cahoon
· Stephen Clay
· Daniel Taylor
· Tim Carssow
· Andrew Kauss
· Harold Abrams
Rankings assessed key qualities in the legal field, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness/astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.
About Chambers USA
Chambers and Partners Publishing, based in London, produces the annual Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers. For the current US directory, over 7,000 interviews were conducted covering the entire USA. The interviews were carried out by a team of 40 full-time researchers over a period of 12 months. For more information, please visit http://www.chambersandpartners.com/us/.
About Kilpatrick Stockton
Kilpatrick Stockton LLP is a full-service international law firm with more than 470 attorneys in eight offices across the globe: London; Stockholm; Atlanta and Augusta, Georgia.; Charlotte, Raleigh and Winston-Salem, North Carolina; and Washington, D.C. Kilpatrick Stockton’s delivery of innovative business solutions provides results-oriented counsel for corporations, from the challenging demands of financial transactions and securities to the disciplines of intellectual property management. Collaboration among Kilpatrick Stockton’s corporate, litigation and intellectual property attorneys provides knowledgeable and proactive guidance for companies at every stage of the business life cycle. For more information about Kilpatrick Stockton, please visit www.kilpatrickstockton.com.