NEW YORK (May 12) – Kilpatrick Stockton announced today that Marc Lieberstein, a partner in Kilpatrick Stockton’s Intellectual Property Department, recently received the prestigious Tiffany Star for Service from the Cardozo School of Law Alumni Association. Mr. Lieberstein, who practices from the firm’s New York office, has chaired the Cardozo School of Law Alumni Association for four years, and will be stepping down effective June 1, 2010.
Mr. Lieberstein (J.D. ’92) was honored with the Tiffany Star for Service for his “remarkable dedication and inspired leadership.” Some of the accomplishments during Mr. Lieberstein’s tenure, include:
• Initiating and enhancing the Cardozo Annual Alumni Award Dinner which has raised more than $500,000 over the past three years;
• Creating Cardozo Alumni Practice Groups including: Intellectual Property, Real Estate, Trust and Estate, Labor Law, and others that are in formation;
• Expanding the Cardozo Alumni CLE program, including an increased number of events each year and the establishment of a CLE committee;
• Forming the Alumni in Transition Group which was a direct result of addressing the needs of alumni in a challenging economy;
• Establishing Cardozo Alumni Regional Groups with Regional Ambassadors in Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California (Cardozo by the Bay); Boston, Massachusetts; Long Island (New York); Washington, DC; Connecticut; Florida; New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Israel; Germany; and Tokyo;
• Creating the first alumni-initiated public service effort with the Law School community: The Annual Toy Drive and Wrapping Party;
• Enhancing overall alumni communication with weekly email blasts, the Alumni e-Newsletter, and social networking;
• Improving Cardozo branding, including paraphernalia and overall alumni presence on the Cardozo School of Law website;
• Increasing the number of representatives on the Alumni Executive Committee; and
• Growing alumni participation at events and involvement in programs, initiatives, and committees which enhances an ongoing connection to the Cardozo School of Law.
The award was presented during Mr. Lieberstein’s annual “thank you” dinner for the members of the Alumni Association Executive Committee on May 4, 2010.
For more information about Mr. Lieberstein, please visit: http://www.kilstock.com/en/Who%20We%20Are/Professionals/L/LiebersteinMarcA14665.aspx
About Kilpatrick Stockton
Kilpatrick Stockton LLP is a full-service international law firm with nearly 500 attorneys in nine offices across the globe: Atlanta and Augusta, GA.; Charlotte, Raleigh and Winston-Salem, NC.; New York, NY; Washington, D.C.; Dubai; and Stockholm. Kilpatrick Stockton’s delivery of innovative business solutions provides results-oriented counsel for corporations, from the challenging demands of financial transactions and securities to the disciplines of intellectual property management. Collaboration among Kilpatrick Stockton’s corporate, litigation and intellectual property attorneys provides knowledgeable and proactive guidance for companies at every stage of the business life cycle. For more information, please visit www.kilpatrickstockton.com.