O’Neill Patient Solicitors to offer expansion help or an exit route to other legal firms
One of the UK’s leading conveyancing solicitors, O’Neill Patient LLP (ONP) is prepared to provide help or an exit route to other legal firms. Following its purchase of South East based Cavendish Legal Group, which completed in June, it has said that it has been approached by a number of other law firms who are looking for an exit route or the opportunity to be part of a bigger entity.
With the ending of the furlough scheme approaching at almost the same time that law firms’ Professional Indemnity (PI) renewals are due, several firms appear to be questioning whether they want to continue with the same business model. The firms approaching the ONP Group say they would like to be part of a larger firm that can help them to take some of the headaches away and potentially provide them with an exit route.
ONP is a top 100 legal firm which specialises in conveyancing services for residential and commercial sale, purchase, remortgage and lease extensions. It is also one of the top two largest conveyancing firms in the UK. Its state-of-the-art technology makes it one of the most efficient conveyancers in the country, providing clients with innovation, speed and the highest quality service.
Cavendish Legal Group, known for its high-end property and business advice, is already benefiting from ONP Group’s technology, which has been continually developed over the last 20 years. This technology, together with the robust management team at ONP, is helping to accelerate the growth that Cavendish has experienced every year for the past seven years.
Andy Scaife, CEO of ONP says, “With the unwinding of the furlough scheme happening at the same time PI renewals are becoming due, it is becoming clear that there are a number of legal firms, with good solid businesses, for whom the figures just may not stack up, who want an exit route or who want help achieving their growth plans.
“Following our purchase of Cavendish Legal, it became clear that we are in a position to help and to really add some value to firms that need it. So we want to let it be known that we are here to listen, to provide options and help and even provide an exit route to founders and partners at the right firms who desire this.”
People interested in having a confidential conversation with ONP can phone Andy Scaife on: 0161 694 3203
- Brisbane Law Firm Accused Of Falsely Claiming Pay Reduction Was Due to COVIDA Brisbane law firm has been hit by an accusation from a former paralegal employee that the firm had dishonestly reduced her pay as a result […] More
- Parlous Start to Parler Antitrust Lawsuit Against AmazonThe far-right Parler social media platform is facing a tough road in its antitrust lawsuit against Amazon Web Services (AWS), who suspended the service after the […] More
- The Twin Lawyers With Equal Passion For Maori Legal IssuesThe twin 23-year-old girls inspired by their non-lawyer father’s arguments for Maori Land Rights has seen them develop their respective legal careers, recently reported in the […] More
- Pandemic Drives Law Firm Mergers Down in 2020Law firm mergers have been hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Mergers dropped by 43 per cent last year as partners grappled with financial uncertainties brought on […] More
- Fish & Richardson Elevates Its Most Diverse Principal Class EverBoston, MA, Jan. 5, 2021 – Fish & Richardson has elevated 14 attorneys to principals at the firm, effective January 1, 2021. The new principals in the firm’s […] More
- Perkins Coie Announce Most Diverse Partner ClassSEATTLE (January 4, 2021) Powered by LawFuel —Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that 26 counsel and senior counsel have been promoted to partner. The new […] More
- The Lawyers’ Vacation Truce – It May Not Exist But 2021 Is Here With, Or Without ItWhen AbovetheLaw writer and lawyer Jordan Rothman wrote about a ‘holiday truce’ for lawyers, he may have signalled something that does occur at a time of […] More
Get LawFuel Power News Weekly
Subscribe to get our top news weekly