A Northern Ireland law firm is taking legal action via an application for judicial review over a refusal to close schools in Country ArmaghA Belfast law firm is to take a case on behalf of a family in Co Armagh over the decision not to close schools in Northern Ireland.
On Sunday, Education Minister Peter Weir insisted schools would only shut in the region when the time is right.
He tweeted: “The time will come when it is right from a public health point of view that schools will need to close. Schools and parents/guardians should begin to plan arrangements for that long period of closure including childcare for their children.”
Schools in the Republic closed for a fortnight on Friday.
In a statement, Belfast law firm Phoenix Law said: “We are instructed by the mother of a child who attends a primary school in County Armagh.
“Our client’s daughter suffers underlying health problems, including severe asthma and therefore is at a greater risk of harm should she contract the Coronavirus.
“It is our client’s case that the current position is unlawful and contrary to the necessary protections afforded to all citizens under the human rights act.
LawFuel legal news
- Divorce #3 For Kim Kardashian But She’s Not Going To Use Her Kanye West Case As Her FirstIt could have been aspiring lawyer Kim Kardashian’s first case – her third […] More
- Clifford Chance: Corporate Lessons Learned From COVIDClifford Chance – Businesses are experiencing unprecedented challenges and, in some cases, new […] More
- “Staggering” Extent of North Korean Hacking Operation Leads to 3 Arrests Over CyberattacksIndictment Expands 2018 Case that Detailed Attack on Sony Pictures and Creation of […] More
- Fox-Batting Barrister Blacklisted, He SaysLondon Barrister Jolyon Maugham hit the social media headlines for killing a fox […] More
- Trump’s Historic Repudiation – Despite No ConvictionFrom Bloomberg.com – Seven Republicans joined every Senate Democrat to convict Donald Trump […] More
- Valentines Day Will Be All Kim No Kanye This Year – But TV Will Let Us Share Her Legal & Divorce JourneysThe Bar Exam and Divorce Loom Valentines Day for Kim Kardashian, the ‘Keeping […] More
- The Lawyer And The Zoom Cat Filter Mishap – “I’m not a cat”, he saysZoom has been the big boom for the pandemic, but a recent Zoom […] More
- Attorney Arrested For Multimillion Dollar Investment Fraud SchemeAttorney allegedly spent investors’ money on himself and his family, and to pay […] More
- Is David Boies Looking At Stemming The Tide of Departures?The departures from leading legal boutique Boies Schiller Flexner have been significant, after […] More
- Is This a Law Firm Management Trend That Is Likely To Catch-On?For many years, several leading business advisors have suggested that law firms need […] More
- Law Firm Diversity – Coca Cola Demands Diversity For Its Law FirmsCoca-Cola said it will require diversity among law firms who bill it for […] More