A Northern Ireland law firm is taking legal action via an application for judicial review over a refusal to close schools in Country ArmaghA Belfast law firm is to take a case on behalf of a family in Co Armagh over the decision not to close schools in Northern Ireland.
On Sunday, Education Minister Peter Weir insisted schools would only shut in the region when the time is right.
He tweeted: “The time will come when it is right from a public health point of view that schools will need to close. Schools and parents/guardians should begin to plan arrangements for that long period of closure including childcare for their children.”
Schools in the Republic closed for a fortnight on Friday.
In a statement, Belfast law firm Phoenix Law said: “We are instructed by the mother of a child who attends a primary school in County Armagh.
“Our client’s daughter suffers underlying health problems, including severe asthma and therefore is at a greater risk of harm should she contract the Coronavirus.
“It is our client’s case that the current position is unlawful and contrary to the necessary protections afforded to all citizens under the human rights act.
LawFuel legal news
- Freshfield’s ‘Dream Team’ Open Silicon Valley OfficePowered by LawFuel – (1 July 2020) – Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP today announced […]
- The Heydon Sex Scandal Hitting The Australian High CourtFormer Australian Sex Discrimination Commissioner Pru Goward writes about the sex discrimination decision […]
- Senior Criminal Law Barrister Who Pulled Faces at Judge FinedMarguerite Russell is a highly experienced and capable criminal law barrister, but her […]
- Goodwin Procter’s ‘Stealth Layoffs’ For Associates67 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Jennifer Bridges – […]
- Hacked Law Firm Sees Lady Gaga, Madonna Data Stolen Via Cyberattack14 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score A major entertainment […]
- US Justice Department Recover More In Largest Ever Civil Forfeiture Claim in Bribery & Money Laundering Scheme At $1.1 BillionUnited States Reaches Settlement to Recover More Than $49 Million of Assets Acquired […]
- Largest Law Firm Chair Says “Going Back to the Office” Will Never Be The Same15 / 100 Powered by Rank Math SEO SEO Score Joe Andrew* – […]
- How Coronavirus Is Affecting The Future Of Legal EducationOver 91 per cent of the world’s student population is impacted by the […]
- Law Firm Management – Why The Pandemic Should Be Creating More Diverse Law Firms – Not FewerDebra Pickett* The tremendous economic uncertainty emerging in the wake of COVID-19 is […]
- Law Firm Crisis Management After The COVID Crisis ‘Black Swan EventPaul Smith* Partners in many law firms are greatly concerned as to what […]
- Law Firm Marketing: Life Sciences Is One Area To Develop Post-PandemicAs law firms deal with the Wuhan Virus issue and “pivot” towards high […]