A Northern Ireland law firm is taking legal action via an application for judicial review over a refusal to close schools in Country ArmaghA Belfast law firm is to take a case on behalf of a family in Co Armagh over the decision not to close schools in Northern Ireland.
On Sunday, Education Minister Peter Weir insisted schools would only shut in the region when the time is right.
He tweeted: “The time will come when it is right from a public health point of view that schools will need to close. Schools and parents/guardians should begin to plan arrangements for that long period of closure including childcare for their children.”
Schools in the Republic closed for a fortnight on Friday.
In a statement, Belfast law firm Phoenix Law said: “We are instructed by the mother of a child who attends a primary school in County Armagh.
“Our client’s daughter suffers underlying health problems, including severe asthma and therefore is at a greater risk of harm should she contract the Coronavirus.
“It is our client’s case that the current position is unlawful and contrary to the necessary protections afforded to all citizens under the human rights act.
LawFuel legal news
- The Power-Lifting, In-House Lawyer Who Dismisses a Harvey Specter Comparison & Rises To CEOIt was not difficult for in-house lawyer Patrick Gamble to shrug off a […]
- Law Firm SEO Made Simple: How Your Law Firm SEO Can Crush It On The Search EnginesSearch engine optimization (SEO) for lawyers and law firms has become something […]
- IRS Criminal Investigation Division Annual Report Identifies Over $10 Billion in Tax Fraud & Financial CrimesThe IRS have announced that financial fraud and other offences accounted for $10 billion in fraud including Goldman Sachs prosecution
- The Various ‘Firsts’ Achieved By Kamala Harris’s Lawyer HusbandThe husband of Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, will sever ties with DLA Piper […]
- The Business Email Compromise Scam – Who Is Liable?The increase in the number of email scams or business email compromise scams […]
- The Coming Google Page Experience Update – And How To Avoid An Adverse ReactionAnother major Google update is coming next year, which will affect a lot […]
- The Rock ‘n Roll Aussie Tax Lawyer Who Has Cooked Up A Global Tax StormAustralian tax lawyer and rock singer Patrick Flynn, once a quiet suburban lawyer, […]
- Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dadJudiciary Committee, House of Representatives – Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President […]
- “Aggressive Malware” Infects Law Firm Software SystemsAn aggressive malware infection has created major problems for a major law firm. […]
- Sexting Scandal and ‘Fair Game’ for Cal Cunningham Sees Questions Over Further IssuesNorth Carolina Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Cal Cunningham has evidently avoided answering questions […]
- Donald Trump COVID Test: Statement on President Trump’s Positive COVID Test ResultOctober 2, 2020 – The Lincoln Project today released the following statement in […]