LAWFUEL – Press Release Service –
• Advised HSBC on the HK$4 billion funding of the redevelopment of Ocean Park, which involves the construction of new attractions and food and retail facilities, the installation of new equipment, the acquisition of contents and animals for attractions, and the renovation of existing facilities.
• Advised the lenders on the US$2.5 billion funding of the Venetian casino and resort in Macau.
• Advised International Finance Corporation as lead investor on the private equity investment in NeoPhotonics.
• Advised the shareholders of Hua Run Paints Holdings Company Limited (“Hua Run”) on the US$290 million disposal of approximately 80% of the issued share capital of Hua Run to the U.S. listed The Valspar Corporation.
• Advised Barclays Global Investors Southeast Asia Limited (“Barclays Global Investors”) on the world’s first MSCI India exchange traded fund to be listed in Singapore. The fund, iShares MSCI India, which is designed and managed by Barclays Global Investors, is now listed on the Singapore Exchange.
• Advised Ranhill Berhad in relation to its acquisition of YNN Pacific Consortium Inc., a Philippines company that has successfully bid for a US$561 million merchant power plant being sold by the Philippines government as part of its privatisation programme.
• Advised Citigroup as Sole Bookrunner and Lead Manager on the US$75 million Zero Coupon Convertible Bonds due 2100 issued by Electrosteel Castings Limited, with a listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
• Advised Standard Chartered Bank as the underwriter of a THB 3.2bn Bond Issued by Thai Exim Bank.
• Clifford Chance was named ‘Law Firm of the Year’ at The Lawyer Awards in London in June 2006. The firm scooped the award for achieving record financial results, innovation in community affairs and pro bono work, an excellent banking practice and a global corporate practice, which consistently sits at the top of the league tables.
• European businesses have delivered an unflattering assessment of the degree to which EU law-makers take their views into account when drafting new legislation. Market research by Clifford Chance shows that fewer than one in three firms are satisfied the EU is listening to them; and 30 per cent simply do not know if their views are taken into account at all. The research results are set out in a Business and EU Regulations Report, a copy of which is available on request.
• Clifford Chance has opened an office in Bucharest, Romania, through an association with Romanian law firm Badea & Asociatii. The office has 24 fee earners and will be part of our Central and Eastern European practice. The team specialises in banking, finance, capital markets and infrastructure transactions, as well as corporate, private equity and real estate matters.