Jeremy Johnson has joined the Bar, leaving Wynn Williams the firm he joined in 2008.
As signaled in our article on the new ‘Heavy Hitters’ that Jeremy Johnson was about to join the bar, noting his increasing work in complex disputes and litigation.
He joins Bankside Chambers, who operate from Auckland and Christchurch.
New Zealand Law News
- Placing Her ‘Neck On The Line’ In Samoa Didn’t Prevent Recognition In Samoa For Tiana EpatiA run-in with Samoa Prime Minister Tuilaepa Dr. Sailele Malielegaoi over a plan to overhaul the country’s legal system didn’t prevent Law Society […] More
- Legal Disrupter Arrives In New Zealand to ‘Democratise’ Legal AccessAustralian-based ‘legal disrupter’ LegalVision has opened its doors in New Zealand with a plan to do to the local market what it has […] More
- Jailhouse Lawyer Taylor To Take ‘Gangland’ Book Censorship Case To CourtArthur Taylor, the now somewhat celebrated “jailhouse lawyer” is making a return to court by suing his former landlords, Corrections, over their banning […] More
- The BigLaw TikTok Lawyer Who Has Become A Major Legal Jobs InfluencerA pandemic-ruined birthday lead to lawyer Cecillia Xie deciding that she would make a video that went viral and lead to her current […] More
- Formidable British QC Agrees To Prosecute Hong Kong ProtestersDavid Perry QC is regarded as one of Britain’s most formidable Queens’ Counsel, handling a diverse range of clients, who now include the […] More
- Former EY Law Employment Lawyer Sets Up FirmEmployment law specialist Shelley Kopu, who once led EY Law’s employment law team, has commenced practice as an employment lawyer at Shelley Kopu Law. The new […] More
- Russian Billionaire Takes US Legal Action For LawFuel EmailsThe Russian billionaire vendor of the mansion recently sold to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry has sought to obtain private emails from New […] More